What Bits Do You Hate....?

Guest Wordbender

Guest davidP

Anglers with radios.

Anglers who with 50 pegs to chose from on an empty water chose the one next to you.

Worrying about the car and will it get vandalised again!

Anglers who spend the entire day shouting at their mate on the other side of the lake. Why don't they sit together???

Making the perfect cast only for the line to act as a magnet for every piece of floating weed in the river 15 seconds later.

Anglers who tell me I'm doing it all wrong. It may be true but it's how I want to do it.

Anglers who have absolutely no respect for their fellow anglers, the environment or the fish they're catching. This includes anglers who break the rules thereby causing problems for the majority of law-abiding anglers.

That'll do for now smile.gif

Guest piscary

Not being able to wash my hair, daily.

Washing up greasy pans and crockery in the same water.

Having to shave in my morning tea. smile.gif

Wee-ing in bushes - especially in the dark, when i'm not sure exactly what species of wild-life is scrabbling about next to me.

Stinging nettles. (see above)

Rosie

Guest Graham E

Living Hawthorn trees that reach out and grab

your tackle just after you have done a mastercast. As if it's not enough, they then wrap the line around the other branches!

Untested boilies without a Fish health Warning

the extra 2 feet of mud under the 3 feet of water under your 4 feet long waders.

Falling in...in winter

The B******s that leave litter

Keepnets.

Guest Adrian

Right, its get it off your chest time.

1. Dog owners who smile apologetically as fido pisses up your brolley and bait.

2. Anglers who disturb a peaceful afternoon playing with bite indicators you can hear clearly 400 yards away.

3. Bored yobs who cannot catch so resort to throwing things in.

4. Arrogant types...of whatever branch of the sport. I have a particular dislike for the brash match angler who wins a couple of 30 peggers then acts like he has just become world champ more times than Bob Nudd.

The obvious litter louts, with a special mention for beach anglers who leave large hooks, balls of line and festering sandeel or lug worm wrappers on holiday beaches.

Inconsiderate boaters.

But worst of all is when you take the good lady along. After 3 hours of quiet needlework/reading she says 'lets have a go', catches the best fish of the bloody day and then tells you its all to do with pheremones!.

Adrian.

What interesting reading, here's mine.

(Chris S - you'll probably know what I mean here, after reading your post).

- Them times when you've waited ages, and nothing. The minute you light a fag, your line starts dancing. When you hook it, after choking and nearly swallowing your fag, your eyes start stinging as the smoke rises from it in your mouth. You can't put it on the bank, it's always wet ! Then finally you get him home, unhooking him, and snap, the fag in your mouth has snapped the line. It's enough to make you give up ( smoking of course )

- Have to agree with bite alarms also, sorry. Has anyone made one with headphone sockets yet ?

Guest Gaffer

....oh and mobile phones.

The a***-h***s that think they have to shout into a mobile to get heard at the other end!

And carp anglers that turn up at last light when everybody and everything has settled, to then start spodding!

All the best,

Gaffer.

Guest paul mc

hi everyone

I hate it when you are fishing with heavy gear for hours with no bites so you fish with lighter gear to try and catch some bits only to be ripped off first bite, or when you are fishing with a 14 elastic 5lb line and you hook the biggest branch on the tree or a sunken log

Hi all,

Giving in to pressure and having put someone on 'just the right place' to anchor up on an otherwise featureless stretch of a loch, only to find you can't get near it for months to come as said person seemingly having taken up residence there!

Once bitten............

Mac

[This message has been edited by Mac (edited 24 June 2000).]

My pet hates are:- 1. men who think fishing is a mans sport!

2. I'm with Rosie on the next 2, trying to find somewhere to have a wee, especially in winter when you have 50 layers of clothing to get down & a lack of cover!

3. not being able to shower & wash my hair.

4. Midgies, I react very badly when bitten. When I was expecting Liam I was bitten on the eye. The doctor would not let me take anything & I looked as though I had done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson the next morning!

4. Setting up & packing up in the rain.

5. Anglers who use buzzers on the river!

6. Tilley lamps - why do people need these?

7. Anglers playing with their buzzers

I think that will do for now.

Guest BUDGIE

An often repeated but truley great subject!Here we go then brace yer selves!

1. People who can not turn off/turn down their buzzers before adjusting their bobbins etc.

2. Instant experts.

3. Turning up just before dawn to find a carp angler bivvied up in my favourite pike swim,only to see him pack up and go of to work an hour later!

4. Bored winter carp anglers "fishing" for Pike,carp style.

5. Watching people take 15-20mins(in fact if at all) to hit carp runs whilst I am sat up by my rods Breaming at night.

6. The same people as in 5 who cant wake up because they have drunk so much booze or smoked so much wacky backy.

7. The same people as in 5 & 6 who still think they are instant ultra cult experts.

8. Sadley the vast majority of modern day carp fishermen(I will not call them anglers)

9. That 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 has made me so cynical to the fish and catching of that fish that I used to love so much.

10. That more people don't realise that CRAP YOBS is an anagram of CARP BOYS !

That will do for now!I am sure that as I am such a miserable old sod that I can come up with loads more!