hi im new:)

JadeSavvery

Hello everyone my name is jade and i am new to this site and also new to fishing! i have been a few times with my boyfriend and would like to start buying my own gear. but as a student who cannot drive i can hardly get to my local tackle shops and afford expensive equipment. i was wondering if anyone could give me a couple of cheap decent online stores where i could buy gear from as i would like to take fishing more seriously!

Thank you

Jade :)

Hello everyone my name is jade and i am new to this site and also new to fishing! i have been a few times with my boyfriend and would like to start buying my own gear. but as a student who cannot drive i can hardly get to my local tackle shops and afford expensive equipment. i was wondering if anyone could give me a couple of cheap decent online stores where i could buy gear from as i would like to take fishing more seriously!

Thank you

Jade :)

Hi welcome .

It would be better if u could make 1 trip to a local tackle shop where they would sort you out the best gear on your budget .

However the site below is the cheapest i can think of and could be good starting point, but you may feel that after a year you want to upgrade and in which case it may be more cost effective to spend a little bit more on something that will keep you going for a few seasons.

I would definitely look to spend a bit more on your rods and reels as these are your main weapons and then go cheap on other things until your budget allows otherwise .

Do you know roughly how much you have to spend and we can help you decide on the best gear before getting the cheapest in the link below . Hope this helps so far . :)

http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/

Hi welcome .

It would be better if u could make 1 trip to a local tackle shop where they would sort you out the best gear on your budget .

However the site below is the cheapest i can think of and could be good starting point, but you may feel that after a year you want to upgrade and in which case it may be more cost effective to spend a little bit more on something that will keep you going for a few seasons.

I would definitely look to spend a bit more on your rods and reels as these are your main weapons and then go cheap on other things until your budget allows otherwise .

Do you know roughly how much you have to spend and we can help you decide on the best gear before getting the cheapest in the link below . Hope this helps so far . :)

http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/

I have about £70 for a rod and a reel i dont know if that would be enough. i only do coarse fishing and dont know what make of gear is the best to get. that site you have gave me is very good im having a look at that now :) thank you

£70 should be plenty to get a decent rod & reel.

Do you know what sort of waters you'll mostly be fishing (pond, river, ...) and what sort of fish you'd like to target (carp, silvers, whatever will bite, ...)?

Oh, and welcome to Anglers' Net.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

£70 should be plenty to get a decent rod & reel.

Do you know what sort of waters you'll mostly be fishing (pond, river, ...) and what sort of fish you'd like to target (carp, silvers, whatever will bite, ...)?

Oh, and welcome to Anglers' Net.

Just local ponds, and to be honest anything that will bite! except gudgeon they are just annoying!

Where abouts are you based Jade? I ask as I sell lots of second hand and very low price new tackle so might be able to help you out.If your to far away though the shipping might make it unrealistic.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hi Jade

I'd say you should set aside £100-£130 as for this you will be able to get a rod&reel, landing net, line and all other end tackle you may need (size 18 hooks, split shot, floats/weights and a thiner line for hooklength).

Keep this website in your favourites as you will find it invaluable once you get to the serious learning part! some great advice and articles from real fishing experts on here! :)

Where abouts are you based Jade? I ask as I sell lots of second hand and very low price new tackle so might be able to help you out.If your to far away though the shipping might make it unrealistic.

Hi i live in middlesbrough :) i dont know how much it would be for me to recive things from you