Finally getting round to it!

Renrag39

Going to Gorleston Pier for my first Sea Fishing trip in over 10 years! I'll report back soon.

Suprisingly excited!

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Wow! Been twice now. Caught lots of weed and crabs (it is gt. yarmouth after all I guess).

Not a nibble.

Used black lug, u/w squid and herring. Tried the pier end first and the river second time out. First on the last 2 hours of ebb to low slack. Second time high slack and 1st 2hrs ebb.

Not giving up yet but its not a promising start.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

It is incredibly patch right now (read 'poor'), but the odd fish has been caught. May be worth keeping an eye on the Norfolk Beach Buddies Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/norfolk-beac...es/268407152623

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thanks for the heads up Elton, will give it a look. At least it seems I'm not alone. although I didn't see hardly anyone Sunday, between 12 and 4, just dog-walkers :-D

Might try an early morning session when the tides are right... which tide is 'right?'.

Renrag

Looking at your tides for the next week, I have no idea:

http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EasyTide/EasyT...dictionLength=7

Is Yarmouth a lake these days?!!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Is Yarmouth a lake these days?!!

No, but the scum is there to stay.... always seems to accumulate during the summer months....!

Going to do a bit more research with regards to rigs. Think mine need a little work. I will catch a fish.... I WILL! No matter how small I'll beat Gorleston Pier!!! (insert of me howling at the moon and shaking my fist at the absurdity of it all)

Your experience gives me hope John, thanks :-D

Renrag

Thanks Berrymilan.

Just want to recommend the braid I'm currently using too. Its the cheap grey chinese stuff off of eBay. I won't link it as it will not benefit Anglersnet (unless Elton asks me to!), its easy enough to find though.

Its not the finest and has a flattened profile but boy is it tough and it casts excellently in the 50lb weight I have.

Had a few problems with the 10lb stuff birdnesting, being so flexible in that weight, but in the heavier weights it has a stiffness resulting from its bulk and is fantastic for 'giving it the big un' without a shock leader. I do use a short 6' rubbing leader, also of 50lb as I am not willing to test its abrasion resistance, even though it feels like it should be.

Just have to note I am using it with fixed spool reels in the 6000 and 8000 sizes.

Tested the 10lb's breaking strain weight using palomar knots onto round-eyed size 1 swivels and it broke at 18lb. I think the 50lb punches above its weight too, but thats not confirmed in any way.

Thought it might help prospective braid users who would like to try it for beachcasting for a bit extra distance and to say adios to the shock knot rippling through the rings (always makes me cringe!). Will also enhance bite detection (used it for piking is how I know). Its relatively cheap and available in bulk, worth a shot in my book! I won't go back to mono for sea/pike fishing.

Renrag