Roving landing net

j_s

I got a folding trout style landing net a long time ago, may have been Budgie who mentioned it in the past I can't remember but it's a bit on the nackered side now.

Whilst looking at the cheap pin on Dragoncarp direct's website that another thread on here mentioned I spotted their game landing net:

http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/products/G...anding-Net.html

Anyone used it, seen it up close? Would it be ok for course fish?

thanks

James

James

I got a folding trout style landing net a long time ago, may have been Budgie who mentioned it in the past I can't remember but it's a bit on the nackered side now.

Whilst looking at the cheap pin on Dragoncarp direct's website that another thread on here mentioned I spotted their game landing net:

http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/products/G...anding-Net.html

Anyone used it, seen it up close? Would it be ok for course fish?

thanks

James

i have one very similar that i pciked up from angling direct..i use it for stalking. so ive had 10lb carp in it as well as pike and smaller fish and it handled them all extremely well.

i would suggest you get your hands on one and play with it first though....then buy online if you need to.

you will find both the collapsable net mechanism and the telescopic handle mechanisms vary alot with the various makes. It really is worth hunting down a model that fits what you want...

for me, for instance, i wanted a lockable telescopic handle; not one that you twisted to lock into place, but one that actually had a locking mechanism...mine has a clip similar to what you have on the extension poles of patio umbrellas if you know what i mean.

also the landing net section on mine has a spring loaded lock..and can only be folded in one direction...some ive seen dont have as good a mechanism.

so do your research fully first and i would reccomend you actually head out and play with a few in the shops before you buy.

you will find both the collapsable net mechanism and the telescopic handle mechanisms vary alot with the various makes.

Good advice from kirisute.And thats why there is such a difference in the price of a good folding trout net and a cheap one! For larger fish the "Gye" style net is far stronger than the "flick up" style.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Thanks guys.

I've had a look over my old Wilco Pelican net and reckon I can fix it up a little so will keep going with that until it's on it's last legs.

cheers

James