June 16th

Leon Roskilly

I was born on the 17th of June, I've heard it said that my Father said to my Mother "Hang on till tomorrow, I'm going fishing today" :D

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be at work on the 16th but the rivers aren't going to dissapear by the 17th are they.

May fit in an evening session that week for a couple of hours (lures), have the day off on the 23rd so am going to spend a day on the rivers then

The weather's changed again! Of course :rolleyes:

If things stay on track and we get a little luck, the rivers will be absolutely perfect on the 16th. The Thames is nearly back at normal level and the muddy colour now just needs to drop out. If that happens, I might get my roach fishing after all :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

The weather's changed again! Of course :rolleyes:

If things stay on track and we get a little luck, the rivers will be absolutely perfect on the 16th. The Thames is nearly back at normal level and the muddy colour now just needs to drop out. If that happens, I might get my roach fishing after all :)

lol I was about to post the same thing :-).

I walked along the Dove at the weekend and it was about 6 inches down, how would the rain effect it? I'm guessing a bit of rain won't effect it that much and may even get some more oxygen in the water to encourage them to feed.

Might grab an evening session on the Wandle to see how its recovery is going if Im up that way. Dont think Im going to bother with my normal opening night on the Rother though this year.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I'm in London this week and have a wedding down here on the 14th which dosen't leave me too much time to prepare properly, not that a lack of preparation is particularly unusual.

I'll head back up to Suffolk on Sunday and 3 or 4 a.m Monday morning should see me creeping along the banks of the Waveney Chub fishing.

If Metcheck is on the money I'm imagining the river to be in almost perfect condition, with a good bit of flow and colour.

I'll have a break in the early afternoon and shoot up towards North Norfolk to rake and bait a swim on an estate lake I've been allowed to fish on the 21st, then fish the evening for Chub on the upper Bure.

If I get the chance, on the way home I'm going to stop and bait up a bend on the lower tidal Yare in anticipation of a mid-week night fishing for some of those Broads Bream and Roach.

I'm really looking forward to the latter actually, as thats how I cut my fishing teeth so to speak and it's something I havn't really done for a few years. There'll be a bit of nostalgia involved and not a lot of finesse but it's great fun..

I've got a few first days this year as the National Trust aren't opening their estate lakes in N.Norfolk till the 28th and two newly joined syndicates will start on the 1st of July.

I noticed someone else mentioning school days. I actually went fishing on the morning of my Maths GCSE, had a slight mishap that involved very wet legs, then had to sit through the exam will small puddles forming round my trainers.

I actually went fishing on the morning of my Maths GCSE, had a slight mishap that involved very wet legs, then had to sit through the exam will small puddles forming round my trainers.

Did you pass?

This is my first year of the 16th being significant since I was a kid and the close season applied to all waters. Since then I've largely fished commercials but during February this year I bought a CP and re-discovered rivers, the close season came at the wrong time for me.

Monday is booked off work and I'll be trotting the Kennet whatever the weather or water conditions.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Ive got an exam on Wednesday and so ive booked off monday and tuesday to "revise".

didnt have to mention that il be "revising" my chub stalking tactics did i? :rolleyes:

The weather situation will affect my location though, 2 inches of extra water and my favourite shingle bank swim is underwater!

I can hear my centrepin calling me......

Ive got a 36 hr carp session lined up for this weekend, come rain or shine i will be on the bank. I have been watching the weather reports and it says down here in Dorset that the weekend should be pretty good. But regardless come saturday morning the bait will be in the water, as an old fishing partner of mine used to say, " you won`t catch any fish if your bait ain`t in the water"

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!