Stanwick lakes

Feederfisher

im off to fish stanwick lakes this weekend coming i will be feeder fishing after my first carp but mainly bream

any advice on which lake to fish and where about and tactics?

rigs?

bait just thinking sweetcorn and bolies but think im gonna start on red maggot and maggot feeder

craig

not sure what tactic to go with.... will be probley fishing the mallard lake for bream/carp

thinking one/two of these:

bomb with corn

maggot feeder with maggot or corn hookbait

method feeder with either soaked 4mm pellets or betatine green groundbait and bolies/corn

groudbait feeder not sure on bait and groudbait to use?????????????

I've never fished there before, but after looking at their website and the location not being far from me I might give it a go! let us know how you get on...

Cheers,

Stu...

I would also be interested in this as its only 20 min away in Rushden and if theres a nice day next week i'll be heading that way. Intention at the moment would be to go with soaked pellets with a bit of groundbait to make it slightly sticky but i take everything bart the kitchen sink with me so i'll chop and change until i confuse the fish into surrender

I would also be interested in this as its only 20 min away in Rushden and if theres a nice day next week i'll be heading that way. Intention at the moment would be to go with soaked pellets with a bit of groundbait to make it slightly sticky but i take everything bart the kitchen sink with me so i'll chop and change until i confuse the fish into surrender

Well i headed up there yesterday from about 10am till 5pm and apart from a few liners had nothing at all, although a few of the more experienced regulars were wandering around the lake and commenting on the lack of action. I was on Mallard and fishing small pva mesh filled with crushed boilies from one rod and pellets squeezed onto a method from the other. From the chats i did have the lake is producing the peg i was on had seen bream to 10.5lbs and carp to 28lbs over the past few weeks and the fish seem to have been feeding from 6pm onwards (bloody typical). On the upside my casting is a damned sight more accurate now and doesn't leave those in the pegs either side wanting crash lids or in fear for their lives and it was fairly consistant too so it wasn't a total loss.

From my impressions its a nice set of waters and looks like its going to be a new home for me in the warmer months, once i start getting some joy on mallard i'll have a go at elsons.

I'll be taking my son up there over the weekend to fish the carpark lake and hopefully get him landing a few as he's put up with a few long sessions without joy on the carp lakes and i don't want to dim his enthusiasm too much.

• 4 months later...
Well i headed up there yesterday from about 10am till 5pm and apart from a few liners had nothing at all, although a few of the more experienced regulars were wandering around the lake and commenting on the lack of action. I was on Mallard and fishing small pva mesh filled with crushed boilies from one rod and pellets squeezed onto a method from the other. From the chats i did have the lake is producing the peg i was on had seen bream to 10.5lbs and carp to 28lbs over the past few weeks and the fish seem to have been feeding from 6pm onwards (bloody typical). On the upside my casting is a damned sight more accurate now and doesn't leave those in the pegs either side wanting crash lids or in fear for their lives and it was fairly consistant too so it wasn't a total loss.

From my impressions its a nice set of waters and looks like its going to be a new home for me in the warmer months, once i start getting some joy on mallard i'll have a go at elsons.

I'll be taking my son up there over the weekend to fish the carpark lake and hopefully get him landing a few as he's put up with a few long sessions without joy on the carp lakes and i don't want to dim his enthusiasm too much.

going up today for few hours gonna fish pva bag with pellet or fish pop on a zig rig

method feeder for backup will be fishing swan or mallard