Worms and how to fish em?

dave_h

If you can get plenty of big lobworms try chopping some and if your pole fishing cup them in,if your waggler fishing mix them with some casters and catapult them into the area your fishing,this work best if you aren't fishing to far out.

Dave,

In the US they are fished most often two ways using a slightly larger hook than normal. First threaded onto the hook; second goofy hooked so that they dangle half one side of the hook half from the other side of the hook. In both instances I prefer a little motion. Every five minutes or so bring them in a crank of your handle, maybe two if fishing at distance.

Phone

A method that has always worked for me with Perch, is if there are no signs of activity after a few minutes, try gently twitching the worm ( half a turn on the reel handle is enough ) try this a few times and more often than not you get a savage take.

As for the eels try chopping a dozen up into small pieces and mix into in fishmeal based ground bait along with some dried blood.

Alan....

For eels after dark you will get loads of bites.

Leger with a lead that will hold bottom depending on where in the broads you fish that could be quite a large weight.

For perch daylight and on the tidals I do best very close in. Cast along the bank just like margin fishing for carp.

Also catch bonus big roach and daytime bream. I usually fish 2 rods, lobs close in and have fun with roach out further on caster or corn.

Fish whole lob and in the tidals I don,t bother loose feeding as to do any good you need so much bait. Do remember to cut a small bit of tail off to allow flavour out and sit on your hands. Allow bite to really develop lots of good pulls round before striking.

This always works for me. I fish thurne and bure a lot so good luck

john