.dll problem

grumpybum

My daughters Dell laptop keeps displaying an error message on start up. STString.dll is missing.

I have looked it up on google and it seems that this might be a common problem? However some of the fixes are anti spyware sites and I'm a bit reluctant to open them.

Can some one point me to a site or to a fix for this problem please.

My daughters Dell laptop keeps displaying an error message on start up. STString.dll is missing.

I have looked it up on google and it seems that this might be a common problem? However some of the fixes are anti spyware sites and I'm a bit reluctant to open them.

Can some one point me to a site or to a fix for this problem please.

seems it might be linked to mywebsearch toolbar

first up head into add.remove programs and uninstall the mywebsearch toolbar if its there.

then go here:

www.malwarbytes.org

and download and install malwarebytes.

reboot into safe mode then run malwarbytes on a full scan..hopefully that will sort the issue out

Many thanks I'll get her to try it. She did mention that a search/tool bar some times didnt down load.

that would be it then...it is considered malware/spyware so its best to remove it anyway.

malwarebytes is superb at removing it so i think that will resolve your problem 100%