Rod up to scratch?

nigel87

hey im new here looks like a helpful forum though,

im off down to ian heaps fishery holgan farm in pembs next weekend and was after some advise.

iv been there a few times before, last time we managed about 45 carp between the two of us averaging 8-10lb which turned out a cracking day.

anyway iv just bought a drennan red series 11ft carp waggler which im going to spool up with 6lb line, however what im asking is is this rod capable of handeling carp averaging 10lb (i hear the big ones are close to 30lb but obviously not targeting those).

So has this rod got any backbone as iv not fished with any drennan gear yet?

cheers nigel

I have no experience with that rod but if its from Drennan and is built for carp fishing it should be fine. i use leeda carp match rods for all my carp fishing, they are sturdy but with a bit of give in them.

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

10lbs no problem. Wouldn't worry about it for a second.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

hey im new here looks like a helpful forum though,

im off down to ian heaps fishery holgan farm in pembs next weekend and was after some advise.

iv been there a few times before, last time we managed about 45 carp between the two of us averaging 8-10lb which turned out a cracking day.

anyway iv just bought a drennan red series 11ft carp waggler which im going to spool up with 6lb line, however what im asking is is this rod capable of handeling carp averaging 10lb (i hear the big ones are close to 30lb but obviously not targeting those).

So has this rod got any backbone as iv not fished with any drennan gear yet?

cheers nigel

I wouldnt worry about it for a second as it takes an amazing amount of pressure to break a carbon rod and these rods have a good write up from what ive heard and are designed for the job.

Ive only ever witnessed one rod breaking and im fishing matches at least once a week with 30 or more anglers and for a rod to break it must have had a weakspot from not being looked after , on the other hand thou theres always a loud noise somewhere on the lake from a pole section being broke and always followed by loud swearing :lol: