Crucian carp in Milton Keynes

mdhome

I am interested in catching Crucian Carp in some of the lakes in MK. I am not interested in specimens but would prefer plenty of small to medium sized ones. Does anyone know which lakes are the best places to fish and what bait/methods should be used.

Regards Michael

• 2 weeks later...
miasma:

adjacent to Blue Lagoon Bletchley, certainly

contains Crucians......

Be aware that any water in that area, could have been stocked with fish from Jones' s Pit between Hockcliffe and Bletchley, and if any "crucians" were involved, they are not crucians. They look very much like them, but they do have a suggestion of barbules. Very small but there. However, they are a handsome fish, they grow to a nice size and they fight just as doggedly as a true crucian. If you do fish for them and catch some, it would be interesting if you could have a look and see if they do in fact have small lumps where barbules would be and let us know what you find.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

miasma:

Chevin...I was on the working party that netted

and stocked these fish....and they certainly

did not come from Jones'Pit......

OK,it was a possibility I thought that I would mention because there were a few strange crucians around the area at the time, and one well known local personality actually said that the barbules were so small as not to be there :D Certainly they were reported to the angling press as crucians on quite a regular basis. There used to be a lake near Stanbridge, (between Leighton Buzzard and Dunstable) that contained fish I believed to be crucians at the time. Unfortunately although I caught a lot of them, I never knew enough about fish identification to doubt what I was told.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.