new lure rod

jeepster

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It turned up today. Nice bit of kit! But how Masterline could conceivably have ever believed anyone would ever have willingly parted with £250.00 for one is a great mystery. Don't get me wrong, I am well pleased at the price we paid. But for £250.00 I would have expected perfection and beyond. I believe I'm right in saying it is a Loomis, or some such name, blank. Alegedly a top of the range US job.

The handle is not cut away so you can feel the blank whilst retrieving, pity. The top third of the rod feels everso slightly heavy on the cast. The rod bag is a tight fit.

But against that it has an excellent playing action, probably near perfect, especially for a three piece 6' long rod. The finish is perfection, and very attractive. The handle length is spot on. Excellent rings, and so it should have.

A good lure rod is £100 to £150.00, and this matches that sort of price range. So why £250.00?

Just maybe Masterline were being greedy, or were they just taking advantage of those who equate performance with price?!

At £57.00 a good buy. And doubtless the guy who sold them is making a bit on the side. Reckon he bought them for about £35.00, and Masterline originly expected us to pay £250.00!!!! Makes you think! :confused: :confused:

do you really think masterline were being greedy? i'm shocked

i'm looking forward to getting mine, but i'm away all next week so i wont get to use it for a while.

i think you're probably about right with the £35 guess, he's doing them at £62 + £7 shipping and bit my hand off when i suggested £50 + shipping so he's still making a few quid i'm sure. good luck to him, he was good to deal with and said he'd let me know of any other pike tackle he gets in.