What would you pay?

SpecimenSean

Quick Question

1/2 Acre "feature" water. Ie features to fish to (a lot) not like an ornamental feature pond that is fed from a natural spring! :D

Rammed full of carp upto, well we dont really know but i would guess at 20's.

3-4ft deep.

Out of the way so that not knob eds come on, not so far out of the way that its not worth it.

This place is nearly impossible not to catch. All fin/scale perfect. Not heaviley fished for a long long time.

SO, the question. As a fun carp water what would you pay yearly to fish it. I cant get across how easy this place is, on any method.

As you've probably guessed, i might know something ;)

Edited by SpecimenSean

gone

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i think so. What happened was a while ago (30 years) a club had a pond and a housing estate ended up getting built on it so they moved all the fish. they put the general course fish in other ponds around the area and all the carp and possibly the tench in this one. they fished it for a year or so and everything fizzled out.

so basically this farmers got a pond full of carp and is more than happy for someone to have a go at doing something with it

gone

As such its not really a water I would want a season ticket on.A bit of fun on float gear a few times a year so if it was day ticket I would pay a fiver but wouldn't want a season ticket.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

yea see i what your saying, its not really a session water. There is no need! :D

But there are plenty of club anglers that fish empty holes an pay silly money. Im offering a **** easy carp pond that would be more about the fun and catching than the hunting a monster. cheers for the input thogh budgie al;ways appreciate it!

gone

If its as easy as you say and you can catch on alot of methods you should be looking at selling it as a match venue instead of a big carpers venue, if you could arrange regular matches it might turn into something special. and possibly be financially viable.

If its as easy as you say and you can catch on alot of methods you should be looking at selling it as a match venue instead of a big carpers venue, if you could arrange regular matches it might turn into something special. and possibly be financially viable.

i like the idea of that. plenty of open bank space.

as far as a "carpers" venue, i dont think id really class it as that. Its not really sessionable in that sense, theres no need. In my head i have this idea of of a water that if your going to fish it you know you are virtually guaranteed plenty of sport, with decent sized hard fighting fish to catch and loads of fun on any method. More as an alternative to a day on a pond catching finger sized roach than a 3day session at the monument! :D But as Budgie has already pointed out its more of a day ticket venture BUT people do pay season tickets for **** ponds. They do, we all know they do! :D

More suggestions, comments, this is good!

gone

It's a question of how much the farmer wants per year for the rent and if it's gonna be on a casual yearly basis or if it's gonna have something legal drawn up. If it was cheap enough I'd keep it between myself and a few close m8's as a small syndicate.

Personally id draw up a few plans and peg layouts. then see if its viable as a match venue. then approach a few clubs and see if they fancy giving it a go just to see what they think, you never know they might add it too there match curcuit.

word soon spreads if decent weights can be had there. you will soon attract a good amount of people if it fishes how you say it does.

You reckon it's half an acre? About 65yds X 65yds? Or did I read it wrong?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic