Monster Giant Trevally

Bobj

Thats a helluva powerful looking fish Bobj. I think I can see how it might relieve you of a spoll of line. 15lb line for fish that get up past the 100lb mark, now that is some sport fishing. You guys ever use braid for that sort of stuff? Mind you I suppose it could get expensive if you keep losing a spool every now and again..

I've got quite a few friends down in Sydney some of whom regularly head up to the Northern Territories for week or two fishing trips. I've stopped looking at the pictures.

I've been threatening a trip for 5 years or so now. One day.

I like the bit in that newspaper article about the lady who caught the 64cm somethingorother on 8lb's line. How she was made to make tea and bring beer before she was allowed back into the boat to fish. I wonder how much she was joking?

Cheers.

Dan

From the Townsville Bulletin, Qld.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/artic...08_fishing.html

I lost one I estimated at 50-60 lbs... It spooled me of 15 lb line all 300 yards of it.

:rolleyes: Only 300 yards of line on a reel, how mean can you get. I use a minimum of 600 yards and 1,000 is better if going for "proper fish". :schmoll:

:rolleyes: Only 300 yards of line on a reel, how mean can you get. I use a minimum of 600 yards and 1,000 is better if going for "proper fish". :schmoll:

And I was only fishing from the rocks..... :schmoll: Anyhow, I did land a 30 lb GT a few weeks later.

Dan,

"I've got quite a few friends down in Sydney some of whom regularly head up to the Northern Territories for week or two fishing trips. I've stopped looking at the pictures.

I've been threatening a trip for 5 years or so now. One day."........Do it, mate.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Can't see why they think it's a potential record? The world record stands at 145lb caught off Hawaii in 91. Still an awesome fish though. I know they have been taken over 200lb by commercial fishermen!