Countryside alliance , THE MARCH

david platt

Hi Every one,

It seems from what the media are saying

and showing, with interviews with most

people that I have seen on the television.

If you go on the march today, you are

supporting hunting with dogs, no matter

what you think you are marching for, the

Countryside Alliance have swung it with the

media into a support for hunting.

I have seen very little of other related

issues being voiced by other Country

groups, except one lady of country origin

saying & Holding a non cruel countryside

open day today.

This lady then made the following comment

that all the Cruel countryside people will

be on the march, while all the good

countryside People will be staying at home

supporting local issues.

This to my mind says that

the Countryside alliance has done

a brillient job of putting the message

across to the general public that, all

the march is about is

protesting against a ban on hunting.

david

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not matter what you support in the countryside, or whether you are pro or anti anything.

There is only one thing that is worth marching for and that is your right to chose.

What you do, as long as you are not engaged in anything that is depriving anyone else of their rights should always be your personal choice and no-one should have the right to deprive you of your liberty. The sword cuts both ways.

.......Liam

"Wisdom is the knowledge of how little we know"

Barbelangler.co.uk

Well you guys are all complaining about it but how many of you were actually there??

I was there and was counted along with 400,000+ others. I don't hunt but I do shoot woodpigeons. Woodpigeons are a pest to farmers as are foxes. Hunting is the thin end of the wedge, once thats gone they'll start attacking me.

http://www.pigeonwatch.co.uk - for more info on woodpigeon shooting.

Perhaps that post was a little rude of me as it is my first post on this site without introducing myself. I apologize!.

Just in case anyone thinks that I am a CA infiltrator I am not,I am only a member of the RSSG and post on bfw. I was invited to this site a while ago by John and Gray. Nor do I agree with or support fox hunting. Only civil liberty, and my right to chose. Not to be dictated to, by someone else that wants to legally impose their views on me.

......LIam

Barbelangler.co.uk

I am speaking as a representative of the U.K fox population,who were delighted with todays march as it gave them a day off,from being ripped to shreds in the name of sport, you moan about a right to choose and you choose to do this, I think you have lost that right.

Those who joined the march as support for liberty and livelihood, fair enough you had your reasons, and though I do not agree with them, I respect your views and your choice.

However, on the news and on the teletext, they were saying the the march was completely hyjacked by the 'pro-hunt' lobby!

Therefore, the march is seen by the general public as a march to save fox hunting - AND NOTHING ELSE!!

Further to the above, it just goes to prove that those of us who had our doubts over the CA's claim to support angling was justified - they wanted us, as anglers, to swell their ranks!!

[ 22. September 2002, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: mpbdsnu ]

I respect your opinion Guy and on the fox hunting, agree with it.

Even if I did not agree I would fight for your right to have it.

Only,... that should always be your only right. To have your opinion on whatever! and allow the rest of the world to have their's.

After all Guy what makes your opinion any better than anyone else's?. Are you so much more intelligent than everyone else, that you should chose for them?. Is there some reason that you should have more rights than even the lowliest of us mere mortals?.

......Liam

Barbelangler.co.uk