Countryside alliance , THE MARCH

david platt

I went along today with some 'keeper friends from Oxfordshire. It was a great day out with everyone there for there own reasons but coming together to support one another.

Whether you agree with hunting or not is a little naive as if you stick hooks in animals you will be classed with hunters, shooters etc in the eyes of those with nothing better to do than bay for a ban on anything they don't want to do themselves. It's all about personal judgement, everyone on the march seemed to me to be perfectly reasonable, responsible people. If they see hunting as something they want to do who am I to question their judgement?

Tim

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liam you dont need interlect to know it is not nice to be ripped up by dogs. I think the country people have real and just issues with this govenment, trouble is their cause has been highjacked into a pro hunting lobby thats my uneducated view.

Guy,

Whether or not it is nice for a fox to get ripped up by dogs or not, or for a fish to have a hook in it's mouth for that matter, is only the small minded issue in all this.

The big issue, is about whether or not you think that someone else should have the right to impose their opinion, or will, on someone else?.

What the subject matter of that imposition is, is irrelevent really.

After all Adolf changed the will of a whole country, by going down this road and millions of people died.

You do not have to be a genius to see that taking away the free will of the people is not the right road.

We should at least be smart enough not to make the same mistakes again, that are already highlighted in history.

.........Liam.

"Wisdom is the knowledge of how little we know"

Barbelangler.co.uk

I went along and thoroughly enjoyed it, there was a lot of good humour and good spirit amongst the marchers.

I am quite suprised how much my feet ache, not sure if that was the pavements, or my age. :(

Will the march make any difference ?

I don,t really know, but I,m glad I was there.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

according to a minister of rural affairs??? the march makes no difference as they dont know what the march was actually about (despite the 10 point statement) the march should have been on a weekday and ended at downing street making sure that poodle was in his parlour ,blair was away in his country retreat today

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Sory Guy, but if I were a fox, I'd be voting to save hunting, as it gives me the best chance of escape. Poison is very effective, but indiscriminate, and invidious. Traps of any sort are worse,and unsuitable shotguns/firearms offer a lingering death through gangrene. My rifle is usually the the last noise heard by many foxes. With the exception of the last option, all others will sadly proliferate if hunting is banned.

strictly speaking as a bullet flies faster than sound

then if the fox hears the gun he`s not dead :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I have just watched a bit on tele,Ian duncan Smith whos he, vinny jones a well known compassionate soul ask gazza. I take it back, I dont think a fox has much to worry about, maybe we should hack one of its legs off to give the palmer thompsons a better chance of catching it.

If angling ever needs to be defended, for god's sake don't let Keith Arthur anywhere near a microphone! I was listening to his radio programme this morning, and he must be the greatest gift the antis could wish for. Not only was he rude to callers who had seemed to be quite open minded, he was constantly contradicting himself. The bloke is obviously unhinged, and opens his mouth without engaging his brain; this morning he even referred to foxes as murderers. It's a wonder that he didn't go the whole hog and accuse them of being rapists and child molesters.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.