Countryside alliance , THE MARCH

david platt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragonbat:

Chaps think on this:-

All them hunters ? they must be crap we should have no fox left if they were any good.   :D  

Or are the Fox crafty little sods   :D

Haha :D I think the foxes are pretty crafty :) Besides the fit foxes escape from the hounds, only the old and the weak get caught exactly the ones which kill the livestock.

Foxes are without doubt murderers and most of them bank robbers and shoplifters, I know one down my street never done a days work in its life always got money for fags though. I think we should get on our horses and chase them back down the tunnel, its the only sane way to control them. yours ian keith arfur smith.

As this debate has taken a fox's point of view, I think someone should ask the little beggers north of the border, where hunting has already been banned. This hasn't stopped people riding to hounds, but it has resulted in a huge increase in the number of fox's killed at these meetings.

Instead of the old and weak being run down by the hounds and dispatched in the same way that a fox kills it's own victims. Now the riders and hounds are mearly used to drive the vermin to the waiting guns. All perfectly within the letter of the law.

This has resulted in an increase from on average of one fox meeting his maker in every four to five meets. To a near 100% strike rate for the hunters. So far this year I believe that the total number of fox's dispatched by Scottish hunts is nearly three times as many as the whole of last seasons tally(ho).

I'm neither for or against hunting with hounds, I'm firmly entrenched in Liam and others corners.

As I say maybe someone should ask the Scottish fox's which they prefered. Somehow I think they might just have liked things the way they were, but then again if you believe all you read killing the whole population by traps, gas and gun is so much more tolerable.

Regards,

Ian

Does anyone actually believe all this guff about only the weak and diseased being killed by a hunt? Are the terriers they send down the earths qualified to carry out a full health check? Trapping would obviously be a far superior method if this was a genuine concern, as healthy foxes could be released. I'm a bit confused about the Scottish hunts driving foxes towards the guns. How do they manage to do that, or do they have people with guns sitting around the whole countryside, just on the off chance that a fox might decide to run their way. Are all the hounds muzzled as well?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

TeAl:

Just to clarify, Vinnie Jones doesn't hunt, but he does fish and he went there to defend that.  I think its very impressive and good of him to make a stand unlike a lot of the 'fishermen' here        :mad:    

Teal, you are talking rubbish, total rubbish. A great many of us would march till our feet were red, blood raw to save angling. We would march from John O'Groats to Lands End to protect our fishing. Do it bare foot if we had to. But march for the countryside alliance, ally ourselves with fox hunting? No way mate.

The News report that I saw on ITV left me in no doubt that the march was seen purely as a pro-fox-hunting march. The point was clearly made that the CA had hijacked important countryside issues as part of their underhand tactics.

Thankfully more than a few anglers saw right through the CA propaganda.

Thankfully Vinnie Jones was not identified as an angler. I thought it a bit of an own goal that Vinnie was shown supporting the CA anyway!! Vinnie's reputation as a footballer, and the type of role that he portrays on screen is not exactly what one might expect of the 'gentle art of angling'. Hunting carp, with two smoking, cut down shotguns, East End mafia style, is not exactly the accepted method, although it could make an amusing cartoon Mind you, there are one or two of you who seem to suggest that we should support his right to do so :( .

In all, I'm glad that I didn't go.

[ 23. September 2002, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Whichever way you look at it ,"The March" was a huge, yes HUGE, success. The ability of the CA to motivate 400,000 ordinary people to march peacefully in support of their beliefs was very impressive,

What the outcome will be is anyones guess, when you have ministers "unable to understand" what the march was really about, it was probably a waste of time. That is not a failure of the people who travelled many many miles, at great expense, it is a failure of the minister concerned.

I was there, I walked for hours and arrived home exhausted and in pain from sciatica affecting my legs, I talked, and listened to dozens of people, ordinary people, not bigoted lefties. Many of the people I spoke to were in fact well aware of the cruelty aspect of many aspects of country life, even down to the basic production of beef and lamb.

They were also aware that taken individually all sports involving the pursuit of game or fish or birds could, and would, be vulnerable to attack from Anti's.

BUT, and a big but this, they were there to defend there right to pursue their sports without interference from others who seek to impose their own ideals on them.

I know, and they know, that nothing will change the minds of the anti's, and probably not the minds of the government, but at least they, (we), and I, will have got off our butts and done something.

One very disturbing factor emerged in my talks with other marchers was that NONE, would be prepared to march for Angling....."they won't support us, so why should we support them"

Has Angling shot itself in the foot I wonder?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic