Countryside alliance , THE MARCH

david platt

I was thinking more Thatcher going to war with Argentina, despite months and months of backroom diplomacy which ensured the Argentines that Britain wouldn't go to war to defend the Falklands... the press were behind them then... most notably the Sun.

It was on the backs of the Sun newspaper backing new labour they got elected in the first place, I'm seeing precious little support in the press for Tony B Liar's little war mongering effort, or his brown-nosing of Dubya.

If the UN agrees that Iraq is a threat then we should do our bit as a nation - that's what the UN is for. It's not down to either the USA or the UK to preempt the UN decision because it doesn't suit their timescale! Doing so risks turning the UN into another League of Nations... anyone remember them?

Cheers,

Adz.

Get your EA rod licence here!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adz:

It's not down to either the USA or the UK to preempt the UN decision because it doesn't suit their timescale!  Doing so risks turning the UN into another League of Nations... anyone remember them?

Cheers,

Reminds me of the day some religious door knockers came and my dad answered the door.

Having copied out the Bible 3 times for hand writing(remember that) practice during his schooldays, there wasn't much he couldn't quote from it. He waited until they had finished their sales talk and simply said. "I put all my faith in the United Nations" and shut the door.

Jim Roper

http://www.searchlineuk.com/FishList.htm

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net