Which record fish?

Pangolin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't vote for pike either, despite pursuing them through the winter months, because, to be quite honest, I'd be scared out of my wits by a 40lb-plus pike!

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

66lb Common would go down pretty well for me, born and bred in England of course.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

How many of you can name the captors and record weights for three or more record coarse fish, without looking them up?

OK, include salmonids then. In that case, many of you will know the weight and captor of the record salmon. THAT is the one record I would like to break, preferably on a spoon or plug.

It has several advantages as (i) the river would not get hammered as there would be no point because (ii) I would have returned the fish alive and, after spawning, it would either have died or cleared off back to the sea, and (iii) camping out in the swim for a couple of years would be pointless. So no need for phone taps, trailing my car or all manner of other little tricks.

There would be no question of hybridisation or mis-identification, nor doubts about multiple rods or unattended gear.

A record without controversy? That would make a change.

[ 07. May 2004, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Broughton ]

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

Your right there Bruno!

I want to say Roach but realisticly it would have to be Pike!

15 or so years ago I would have said carp but these days I would gladly trade the capture of a British record carp for a three pound roach.

Despite my love of Cats the British record (which incidently there isnt one for any more,well done CCG and greedy fishery owners :mad: )is meaningless.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

if i could catch a record.....i think it would have to be a chub, very hard to catch, old, wise, seen most tricks...one close to double -figures would be nice-from the lea,an unknown stretch tho.. :P id love to land a record pike just to see the sheer size of it. the chub is a prospect tho...u never know.....or the first 5lb roach that would be awsome sight...now im dreaming.... :rolleyes:

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

"if i could catch a record.....i think it would have to be a chub, very hard to catch, old, wise, seen most tricks...one close to double -figures would be nice-"

i agree chub are bout the most weary of fish a bigun would be a prize indeed

A big rudd for me.........there is nothing better than floating a caster for a big one with buttery scales. When they are young they are like roach but as they get older, i think they are a touch more refined