ANGLING UNITY, IS IT POSSIBLE ?

Guest STEVE POPE

Guest Gordon Scott

Angling Unity?? I hate to be a Victor Meldrew but let's be honest, there's more chance of Gerry Adams and Ian Paisley forming a meaningful relationship than all the disparate groups in angling uniting. Sad, but there you are. Why this should be I've no idea, it's all just fishing at the end of the day, but everyone seems to take it so SERIOUSLY. The 79 postings before this one add weight to what I'm saying. Put a 100 anglers together and what they'll come up with is not an angling club but 100 angling clubs all with one member. It will be the death of angling one day, mark my words, "divided we fall" and all that. All I will add is that some of the correspondents here whose only contribution is to make cheap jibes SHOULD GET OFF YOUR BUMS AND DO SOMETHING if you really feel so strongly about it. I exclude myself (naturally!) from this number, I've done my bit over the years.

Love and kisses,

Gordon

------------------

Gordon

Guest waterman1013

Hi Gordon

It's grand to open the system on a Monday morning and see such a positive contribution.

rolleyes.gif

If we all felt like you, we'd be out fishing instead of trying to do something for the future. I note from your posted details that you coach, so your commitment can't be doubted. smile.gif

Mike

Guest RobStubbs

Gordon,

I can only echo Mikes sentiments. I've been away for the last two weeks and there has been a lot of positive comments here. Sure some people only have negative, non constructive comments to make but everyone has the right to express their own views.

I still believe 100% that angling will be unified, or at least be represented by a single (new) umbrella organisation. And lets not forget this forum has played a part in getting some groups to get together face to face.

Rob.

Guest Alan Pearce

Hi Mike

I don't think the planned discusion re Angling Unity at the NASA conference is the right place to discuss the differences between the BS and SACG. This should be done in private, however that dosn't prevent all others airing there own views and might even help the BS and SACG in reaching thier own balanced opinions. Give me a bell sometime.

Alan.

Hello Gordon,

Good to hear from you how's the coaching going? Been out on the Thames in the new boat this season with Mr Porter? I get the impression that you don't think unity in angling's a goer. Believe me when I say at Governing Bodies level it is pretty close, all it takes is will, and where theres will, you know the rest.

Guest waterman1013

Hi Alan

You may be right. It's really up to Steve to decide. I think a private chat with Steve to try and sort out any differences might be the way to go, but I'm willing to be guided by Steve's feelings on this. Hence the tone of my post a couple of days ago and my question to him.

Steve Randles

Are you on-line, if so that's why I can't phone you. frown.gif I'll try later.

Mike

Guest Steve Randles

Gordon, This internet is a growing thing and as more and more people come on line so the "internet angling army" will increase.

What I'm trying to say is that this forum is merely a means for people to "air their views", people who before now never had a say in all manner of things, only read about it.

Now they have a chance they are taking it, and why not!

To move forward is the aim of most anglers, even those who for now are sitting on the sidelines. They all want this sport to carry on, as I'm sure you do too.

Eventually we WILL be united as one,and no doubt about it you will be part of it, like it or not.

The fact is that the internet has brought anglers together to talk and reveal their true feelings of the way that they see things.

Surely this is a step forward! smile.gif

Tight Lines

Steve Randles

It seems to me that all anyone is doing here is having a dig at each other, or each others policies.

My main concern is having ONE body (no comments please!) to fight the campaign to keep angling! Rules/ policies are down to the individual clubs, surely? We need to & MUST stand a united front against the anti angling parties.

If you want to keep fishing going we have to do something, for believe me if you think you can sit in your bivvies & angling will never be targeted you are WRONG!!!

We have the British Fields Sports Society (BFSS) but a lot won't support them because they are anti hunting. Then who is to support our fight, the EA, NFA who? perhaps someone can answer me that question because believe me I don't want to sit on a river bank wondering if I'm going to be beaten up for doing something I enjoy. I'v been there before & I don't want to go there again.

(I suppose I can always learn to knit! ( mind you with my luck & lack of opportunity to fish it would be more productive!! )

lyn mad.gif

Guest martin allen

blanking at Beauchamp Ct, no doubt.

[This message has been edited by martin allen (edited 31 July 2000).]