Single Species Organisations

Guest STEVE POPE

Guest STEVE POPE

I've been pretty quiet of late, but I have kept up to date with all the postings,which have been lively to say the least but can cause problems because the poster has not thought enough, then taken a step back to think again before hitting the keyboard.

John S. has made this point and it is crucial to the standard of debate on this site that everyone who posts takes that on board. I apologise if that sounds a mite sanctimonious but it is mw opinion.

Anyone who holds a position of responsibility, be it with a club, organisation, Society etc. has a duty to act and post in a responsible manner.

Going over old ground on this forum and airing internal arguments and squabbles is damaging not only to the organisations concerned but also to the people who pursue an argument in this way.

Again if you doubt my words look what has happened recently with the PAC and now with the Carp Society.

Which together with the recent postings from Budgie brings me back to the original question.

Apart from one or two postings right at the start,it has taken a long while to get back on track with Budgie's posting which I believe has far more depth to it than people may at first appreciate.

If you read the thread on another site regarding Carp Society membership, you will understand exactly what I mean.

I really do want to respond in detail to the relevant points, not in respect of SACG, as I have written all that I want on that topic. But to the issues that affect the large single species groups and I include PAC, Carp Society, Grayling Society ( Don't be surprised, they have over a thousand members) and the Barbel Society.

But just for starters, picking up from Budgie and with the thought already in mind for a new thread, What actually defines a fishing expert, or to be specific, a barbel expert, a carp expert? You tell me, but not on this thread.

I will be back tomorrow after the Christmas cards.

All the best

Steve.