Ignorant gits

Barry C

Ive had two instances recently of other anglers bad manners.

First let me say that I mostly fish close in and am always quiet and carefull not to spook fish.

So tucked in to a little tight swim fishing close to some pads a well experienced angler came running past me jumping over my rod with his huge size 12s. This was because he had seen a carp surface from his swim and was eager to catch.

Killed my swim stone dead.

Second instance was yesterday when fishing a small carp pool for its cracking roach.

Again fishing close in under some overhanging willows and catching well.

Two guys came roaring down the lane, parked behind me, slammed their car doors and wandered off to talk to the sereous anglers round the pool.

Then to cap it all because they had'nt shut the car window, when they got round the lake off went the bl00dy alarm.

I can only assume that these guys are used to casting good distances away from where they are set up and have no use for stealth tactics.

Please note how I have refrained from using the term 'carpers'.

Not enough people have the self restraint to use the art of stealth and subsequently don't fish the margins because they've never caught there.

Hope it didn't totally ruin your day. Unfortunately I believe this type of fishing eg sprint stalking and total disregard are here to stay for as long as the perpetrators decide to fish.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Not enough people have the self restraint to use the art of stealth and subsequently don't fish the margins because they've never caught there.

Hope it didn't totally ruin your day. Unfortunately I believe this type of fishing eg sprint stalking and total disregard are here to stay for as long as the perpetrators decide to fish.

Renrag

I've managed to avoid this kind of disturbance by fishing out of the way rivers which people are ignoring a lot nowadays because commercial pools are easier! - i think i'm going to struggle on the lakes in the next few months Might get back to the see on some out of the way bass location !

Please visit my blog at http://jimmysfishing.blogspot.com

I expect everybody has had some experience of rude, ignorant, annoying and downright stupid people when they are fishing.

Its the same old things:

-People letting their dogs swim right in the swim where you are fishing without apologizing.

-People fiddling constantly with bite alarms so all you hear throughout the day is bleep bleep bloody bleep.

-People deliberately disobeying the rules of the venue, chucking in groundbait when its not allowed, using barbed hooks and dangerous rigs etc.

-People who don't have a clue what they are doing, but insist they do and can't take criticism or advice.

-People who get continuously rung throughout the day so their phone is constantly ringing, loudly. And then go on to speak down the phone, loudly.

The list goes on................

<_<

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

-People letting their dogs swim right in the swim where you are fishing without apologizing.

Don't get me started! I've had a dog run down the river bank & stick his head in my bait tub full of meatballs. He'd had almost all of them before i pushed him off & the owner could care a ****.

Yeh i once had a dog eat the only two slices of bread i had brought for bait :angry:

And the countless amount of times dogs have swum right where my float is- i dont think the owners realise how much it effects the fishing, or they just dont care.... probably the latter!

Oh well

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Not wishing to start an argument but more some questions about the effects of a natural or regular occurrence on the fishing in a swim ie the dog swims there every night. The swans that are about all the time. The herd of heifers that follow you along the river bank when you are trying to be quiet and keep back from the skyline. Then the next question would be if you are casting in heavy swim feeders and some kids on their way home from school chucked some stones in the river as they do every night would you ask them to stop,come on here moan about them,or just think it would have no effect.Do these events ruin the swim for hours or if it's where the fish want to be will they return in a few minutes.

Ignorant anglers are as described but I try not to frequent the type of venue that attracts that type ( never more than once anyway)

Dave

Its not just Carpers - I have seen many match anglers and Old boys who have fished for years make alot of noise etc

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Its not just Carpers - I have seen many match anglers and Old boys who have fished for years make alot of noise etc

I was in a match today and fishing tight to one of the bridges on a snake lake and its common courtesy on this lake not to walk across when a match is on , but one of the anglers talking on his mobile was just in a trance concentrating on his call and pacing back and forth over the bridge 4 times and spooked the fish , i saw them stir the bottom up as they went . Im not the type to make a fuss so i didnt say anything but it was either blind ignorance or bad sportmanship on his part

Sadly a very true statement...Because of these sorts of problems coupled with my limited mobility. I have worked very hard to never let it get me as a consequence I am happy to fish in very disturbed areas and contrary to what most think I have found. That in areas where the fish have to put up with a lot of passing noise from dogs people passing by they don't get put off, I even use such disturbances to assist my angling and will admit to often having great success with it. However it is in the quieter places that vibration and noise put them off.

I don't think there are many anglers who are totally guiltless of being a bit unthinking nor lacking in consideration for other anglers, I have fished quiet stretches and suddenly had my swim bombarded by groundbait and legers by some moron who thinks he own the river but who has not seen me, often because the or she has totally failed to really observe the river and just fished his/her favourite swim regardless of it being occupied by another who got up earlier.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God