Union of Recreational Sea Anglers

Elton

Well steve if look at the whole picture we have probably a 20th of the stocks we had 30 years ago thats fact not fiction people have got good at catching fish take shore anglers up here i would fish rock marks years ago useing peeler crab and you couldnt carry the fish home i wouldnt see a sole your average angler would be on peir or on the beach but they still caught fish anglers have progresed over the years and got better and they go to the best spots ,fish with the right baits fish the right tides and catch fish but if you look at the peirs and the beaches at times nowadays the fishing is very poor that was not the case 20 years ago there was cod everywhere peir beaches rocks it was alive with them angler have just better at catching fish just like charterboats i just feel sorry for the poor buggers who stand on the peir all night looking at there tip light waiting for bite the bottom line is the stocks are nothing like they used to be sighns at the moment look good for this coming year with a lot of juvenile cod 1-3lb small fish grow fast but fishing off a kayak doesnt tell the whole story

paul.

Loads of change so why stare at at a light-bulb on the tip of a stationary rod when you can roam with a kayak? 

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well steve if look at the whole picture we have probably a 20th of the stocks we had 30 years ago thats fact not fiction people have got good at catching fish take shore anglers up here i would fish rock marks years ago useing peeler crab and you couldnt carry the fish home i wouldnt see a sole your average angler would be on peir or on the beach but they still caught fish anglers have progresed over the years and got better and they go to the best spots ,fish with the right baits fish the right tides and catch fish but if you look at the peirs and the beaches at times nowadays the fishing is very poor that was not the case 20 years ago there was cod everywhere peir beaches rocks it was alive with them angler have just better at catching fish just like charterboats i just feel sorry for the poor buggers who stand on the peir all night looking at there tip light waiting for bite the bottom line is the stocks are nothing like they used to be sighns at the moment look good for this coming year with a lot of juvenile cod 1-3lb small fish grow fast but fishing off a kayak doesnt tell the whole story

paul.

That Paul, is a good post, but I would love see you to run it on the hostile site and give the lads from north of the boarder a chance to respond.

Steve, bless him don’t seem to be able to recognise the pattern changes around the UK

Now that could be down to a number of things, including his CF chums.

Tight libnes Bob

Edited by Deene'0
Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg