Tips, Starting sea fishing. Advice, rigs.

Thecarpdude

Hi

Well i'm a carp and course angler but want to do sea fishing. But have a limited idea about it all. SO what kinda gear should i get? Rods? Reels? Line? Rigs? Hooks? Bait? Any ideas would be really helpful. And are sea fish like pike? Big teeth and need forceps to unhook? I thought they are?

I'm pretty clueless with what i need. So help would be really good...Would be fishing from a beach.

Hi

Well i'm a carp and course angler but want to do sea fishing. But have a limited idea about it all. SO what kinda gear should i get? Rods? Reels? Line? Rigs? Hooks? Bait? Any ideas would be really helpful. And are sea fish like pike? Big teeth and need forceps to unhook? I thought they are?

I'm pretty clueless with what i need. So help would be really good...Would be fishing from a beach.

hello mate, would be a help if we knew where you are and where you intend to fish.

you already have the gear to go sea fishing, all i use during the summer months is carp rods and bait runners for ledgering, float fishing, plugging and spinning.

the only fish your likely to come across with big teeth are congers, bull huss tope and wrasse.

bait can be area and species specific but as a general rule lugworm, ragworm, squid, sandeels, mackerel, cuttle and peeler crab will catch most things that swim.

don't forget a selection of plugs and metal spinners for the summer, look for rocky areas and tide rips etc for a chance of bass, mackerel and garfish etc.

hello mate, would be a help if we knew where you are and where you intend to fish.

you already have the gear to go sea fishing, all i use during the summer months is carp rods and bait runners for ledgering, float fishing, plugging and spinning.

the only fish your likely to come across with big teeth are congers, bull huss tope and wrasse.

bait can be area and species specific but as a general rule lugworm, ragworm, squid, sandeels, mackerel, cuttle and peeler crab will catch most things that swim.

don't forget a selection of plugs and metal spinners for the summer, look for rocky areas and tide rips etc for a chance of bass, mackerel and garfish etc.

Okay thanks! Will do some spinning in the summer!!!!! What unhooking tools will i need for Bass, Mackerel And flatfish. Just want basic fish and that and give it ego. Seen people fish and catch lots of flat fish.

Okay thanks! Will do some spinning in the summer!!!!! What unhooking tools will i need for Bass, Mackerel And flatfish. Just want basic fish and that and give it ego. Seen people fish and catch lots of flat fish.

Hi

All my fishing apart from for ling/conger is done with light tackle. Your carp rods are fine for lots of fishing but I would buy a cheap real as you do not want to use good carp reels in the sea. I loke to float fish and lure fish for bass and pollack. If you let me know what part of the coast you are fishing I should be able to give more help.

prp