Carp Help?

Julian

Hi all, can anybody help this visitor to the site?

---------------------------------------------------------

IM A VERY KEEN ANGLER AND MAINLY FISH DAY TICKET WATERS AROUND STAFFORDSHIRE, I LIKE FISHING FOR CARP BUT HAVE'NT HAD MUCH LUCK, IVE WATCHED OTHER ANGLER'S AND USE THE SAME TACK-TICKS AS THEY DO BUT STILL HAVE NO SUCCESS IN CATCHING ANYTHING. THE BAITS I USE ARE LUNCHEON MEAT, MAGGOT, WORM, SWEETCORN, BREAD AND BOILIES; THE SAME AS EVERY ANGLER IVE SEEN BUT STILL NO RESULT'S. AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG OR AM I JUST UNLUCKY? PLEASE HELP.

---------------------------------------------------------

Cheers, Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Very small differences in fishing styles make a big difference to catching. The other day i was carp fishing next to my brother who was catching and getting dropped runs i was getting nothing, not a bleep on the buzzer. we were using the same styles and bait (halibut pellet) only difference was he was using a braid hook length and i was using mono. I changed to braid and 15 mins later caught a double figure carp. look in detail at what others are doing and don't forget water craft plays an important part.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Hi Julian! love the scooby logo..

When you get to your venue have a really good look round, see if you can see the signs of carp feeding or good features that carp like e.g. under trees etc..Also try polarized glasses, depending on the water you can sometimes see them.

Use a good ground bait to get a swim going. I have had success with a strawberry ground bait(crazy bait I think) Bread based 1's are good also. I tried a bait called 'nutty carp' and they went mad for it.

Maybe your line and hook are too big which will spook them.

You maybe knew all of what I've said (but maybe you didn't?) I hope I've helped though. Keep persevering and it will come, GOOD LUCK!!