Weather (cold and windy)

Jeff S

I'm leaving in a few minutes to have a go at it again. Didn't do too bad as I didn't blank yesterday, but I did lose 2 lures :rolleyes: . 3 Browns and a chub that was about 20 inches. Still haven't purchased a scale and have yet to spot a pike. I tried a variety of rubber worms yesterday but had no luck at all. The water is now a tea tinge, the clearest I've seen it. I'll let you all know how I got on. They are suggesting snow this morning.. So again the question might be why do we do it?

Cheers

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Well how I got on.. Decided to call it an early day as I was searching for a different place more likely to hold pike. I blanked!! At least the other gents that I spoke with were catching. One when I arrived at around 1200 had just returned a pike about 4lbs on dead bait. I believe it was in about 12 feet of water. Another was catching tench and rudd? Along with a perch and some grayling. He was using two maggots one threaded and the other dangling with 1.5lb line spliced to 2 lb. He was ledger fishing in 11 feet of water with a float. He was also kind enough to pull me out of a rough spot in the road. :o Rule of thumb don't leave home without a spade and at the very least a handyman jack or better yet stay out of those rough spots... Until next time.

Cheers

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Amazing Dvarcet - you caught exactly the same number and poundage of pike that I did of carp and catfish today.

Still - lots better outside with a hope of a biggun than sitting inside by the TV or something.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President