polaroid's or not

manse

Hello all.

Will wearing polaroid glasses help stop me getting headaches while float fishing, my eye sights fine but the glare n ripples on the water give me a headache after a few hours, or are there any other tips to combat this.

i'm fed up of looking away at something else for a few secs to adjust my eyes only to see my float re-surface after waiting ages :mad:

Thanks all

Yes.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Huge additional benefit is they will often allow you to see down into the water much better than with no sunglasses or with non-polarized.

I wear prescription glasses (can't tolerate contact lenses) and when I get a new prescription, I have a pair made up polarized just for fishing.

The guys that are REALLY serious about the whole thing will carry 3 pair. Amber/yellow, gray/smoke, green since one or the other will function best depending on conditions.

But any of them are impossible to beat for cutting glare without reducing vision.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

In the US these glasses are nearly as important as camo is in the UK lol. The difference being the glasses serve an important purpose.

Do not skimp on quality. UV protection is a very important aspect.

I will not fish without polaroid glasses. And I have three variations described by Newt.

Phone

manse:

Looks like the Mothers' Day prezzie can wait another week :D

There's no need to pay mega-money for them. Check on http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/cgi-bin/at...at.cgi?a=232715 or elsewhere. Don't fall for the "Scratch-free, long-lasting, pay £100+" types. Go for ones that are v nearly disposable if your Missus/Kids/Dogs/fishing companion/you sit on them by mistake.

DG

[ 15. March 2003, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

DG,

Must teach you to do that link correctly:

http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/cgi-bin/at...at.cgi?a=232715

:D

I've got a pair of tackle bargains ones. They're not just great for fishing, but handy to leave in the car, too, in case you get 'surprised' by a bit of sunshine, like I did yesterday :)

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Just treated myself to a pair of the Optilabs prescription polaroids that Leon reviewed here a while back and they are really good just like the man says.

They may be the price of a decent rod, but I have tried clip-ons, sticking big poloroids on top of my glasses and contemplated getting contacts and then sticking normal polaroids on top, but after my first session using them last night, I am really glad I have got them.

A couple of weeks back I spent the day trotting a long glide. It was one of those very bright winter days and after spending seven or eight hours squinting at a little orange dot as much as thirty yards away my eyes were very sore indeed. Hopefully now doing this sort of thing should be a lot more comfortable apart from all the obvious advantages for fish spotting.

Elton:

DG,

Must teach you to do that link correctly:

http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/cgi-bin/at...at.cgi?a=232715

:D

I've got a pair of tackle bargains ones. They're not just great for fishing, but handy to leave in the car, too, in case you get 'surprised' by a bit of sunshine, like I did yesterday :)

Elton

Yup, sorry about that, Elton :o

Hope I've done a proper job now

http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/cgi-bin/at...at.cgi?a=232715 :D

DG

[ 15. March 2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Newt:

I wear prescription glasses (can't tolerate contact lenses) and when I get a new prescription, I have a pair made up polarized just for fishing.

I too have Optilabs prescription polarised glasses following Leon's review here on Angler's Net. Like others I'm very pleased with them - very high quality and much more comfortable than clip-ons.

The guys that are REALLY serious about the whole thing will carry 3 pair. Amber/yellow, gray/smoke, green since one or the other will function best depending on conditions.

Newt and Phone, I understand the reason for the grey and yellow lenses. However, what are the green ones for? Is it for when the water's stained green by algae - I can imagine them being helpful then?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net