Fishing during the week.

Chris Playle

Hi Guys,

Just got caught up with the threads from the past week or so. I'm on me hols at the mo. The missus (to be) had the past week off so it's been days out here and there. But, I'm on my own for this week as the missus (to be) has to go back to work.

I'm wanting to try some different styles of fishing as I've mainly concentrated on float fishing for Tench on a local small gravel pit this year so far. Appart from the odd dabble on a large Carp lake.

So, what do you fish for at this time of year and what type of waters would you looking to be visiting? Anything but them bloody Carp Puddles.

I have gravel pits, estate lakes, rivers and canals all within an hours drive.

What do you think? Carping on a big pit? Roach fishing on a canal? Trotting on a river? Bream fishing on the river or a pit? What sort of fishing would be most productive at this time of year?

Suggestions please as I have nearly run out of film for my camera and I can't afford any more processing costs until the end of the month.

Many thanks and tight lines,

Chris.

[ 22. September 2002, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Chris Playle ]

The tidal Trent is fishing very well at the moment Chris, areas that are worth a try are Collingham, Girton, Besthorpe, and Dunham.

All the above have been producing some large Barbel into double figures as well as some big chubb to 6lbs and you can get quality roach on the stick all day long :) I have just had a week off myself and have been doing a bit of bank walking as well as fishing :rolleyes:

Alan....

i'd go for smallish spinners, for perch, chub or pike. you don't have to carry much, just make sure you have a spinning trace or two (or three) and proper means of unhooking fish when you catch them (especially pike!!!)

if you can find them, try Ondex lures, in the smaller sizes, if not a mepps or two won't go amiss. Also, the new Toothy Critter rubber fish, especially the red/white ones, have had fish crawling up the rod for me in the past couple of weeks. I reckon you only need about half a dozen lures.

The beauty of it is, you can explore a lot of water, for when you are able to do longer sessions. there are far fewer people on the bank, so you can creep about wherever you like.

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org