BARBLE IN" STILLWATERS!"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

just can't bear to see this one go to bed . .

there is an aquarium and pond shop in the local area and guess what they are selling

BARBEL round about 4-6oz fish, says they are ideal for garden ponds !!

wonder if they smile

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

They would be ideal since they wouldn't make lots of little baby Barbel that would have to be dealt with later.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hello to everyone on this thread, i do drop in from time to time but seldom post but on this occasion feel need to, obviously someone,s trying to bait others into a heated debate ect.and as far as i am concerned i think it will be a long time before i drop in again i have never read so much drivel about a serious issue as this, goodnight and goodbye "gone to veiw some sensible threads

Well John Walker - sorry you were offended by, something???

Problem is, if you ever find your drivel-free forum it can only be because everyone there agrees with your views and it is difficult to learn any new things that way.

Stating your opinions with reasons would probably have been more productive than just leaving in a huff (US expression that means roughly what throwing your rattle out of the pram does over there) but if this suits you better, go for it.

I do have to wonder though, where your contributions were during any of the several previous, very serious, very long threads on this topic.

[ 03. January 2003, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

So, Newt, 'huff' is a U.S. expression then! Huff :D

Its also something that we do in that good old English game of draughts, wot your lot call checkers, for some obscure reason .

Heaven only knows why we call it draughts though. I'm sure some one will tell me. Checkers does seem a touch more logical.

Now this has really reduced this thread to a load of drivel, sorry John.

I've had dace out of a pond which was flooded regularly, but are they able to thrive (NB I don't just say survive) in still waters?

I would have assumed that a similar situation applies to them as to the barbel...any views??

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

(edit note - original text from the poster was removed)

Please tone down your language and avoid personal attacks.

You obviously have strong feelings on this issue. Fine and good but there are people who do not share your views. Disagree with them if you wish but use reason rather than invective.

Newt

[ 10. January 2003, 02:14 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

Hereford_angler:

I agree with the barbel & perch guy. Look at the shape of a barbel. They are made for fighting flows near the bottom. Ok, floods do carry them into still water but i think pond owners should leave them to the rivers and not stock them.

YES AT LAST SEE THIS PERSON CAN C WHAT IM SAYIN WAAAAA DUDE THANKS VERY MUCH HAPPY NEW YEAR MATE!