lure/spinning in suffolk coast

stuart1

• 2 weeks later...
Does any one know any good marks for lure/spinning on the suffolk coast?

Hello Stuart

I don't think you are going to get many replies, because anybody who gives away their marks on a Forum can expect the commercials and the dole-hangers-who-fish-and-sell-fish will clear the place of fish before next breakfast time.

I suggest you have a look at Google Earth, Ordinance Survey Maps and pop into a near-coast library and look up a yachtsman's guidebook on how to safely sail around Suffolk and its estuaries. Then try to narrow down the field to where the fish might be. If you are targetting bass, look for sudden changes in the bottom, man-made structures, man-made sea defences, estuary mouths, estuary bends, jetties, harbour structures and so on. Go and check these out and narrow the list down some more regarding ease of access, safe access and so on. Then fish them when there is not a big tide on (the sea is dirty enough round here - the big tides just throw up more silt etc, which is no good for lure fishing).

If you are after mullet, go for them in harbours. Try the baited spoon method, with a small piece of farmed ragworm or a bunch of maddies. You can get them further up river, but I find the further up they are, the more wary they are (perhaps the ones in harbours get a bit used to boat traffic etc.)

I hope this helps,

Geoff