help with spod reel - the devil has farted in my face

teddy

Teddy I might have misunderstood your initial post.Is it that the braided mainline is getting caught up in the bail arm roller assembly on the retrieve and not on the cast as I thought? Also could you tell me what model the reel is your having problems with or better still put a photo of the bail arm on here (if you cant put a photo up but can take one email it to me at-budgieburgess55@ntlworld.com )

I'm up in the loft this evening getting my Tench gear down so will grab the spodding reel I use with the "stub" pick up and take a pic.

Its on the retrieve i am having problems - casting is ok.

I have hopefully attached a picture of where the braid is getting caught.

It’s between the roller and the body. The braid is very fine – its 15LB Dyneema.

post-20757-1301329017_thumb.jpg

I see now.I'm not surprised as a braid that light will be very fine indeed (close to around the same diameter as 3lb mono I would guess) A lot of big reels would struggle with that now matter what quality.Another underlining of the "choose braid by diameter not breaking strain" rule I think.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I see now.I'm not surprised as a braid that light will be very fine indeed (close to around the same diameter as 3lb mono I would guess) A lot of big reels would struggle with that now matter what quality.Another underlining of the "choose braid by diameter not breaking strain" rule I think.

I see what you mean - i think i got a bit caught up in all this.

The spod rod i have is a pukka spod rod.

I will stick to using the fixed spool sea reel i have until it dies.

I will leave the 20LB sea mono on it.

I wonder is it worth putting some 50LB mono as a shock leader or

Use some of the korda arma kord as a shock leader?

What do you think?

Cheers