How To Get Rid Of Otters

Elton

guess the kindest thing for us is to give up and learn to live with them or start a campaign to cull them to genocide.

I've been fortunate to live with them on my local rivers for years. No problems with the fishing at all...I think it's called nature!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the days of my youth, I was often shown Otter droppings (s**t). They were not a problem then and I don't really see them as a problem now.

I am however very against them being bred and transported to whatever sites the Green loonies think would be nice.

As for the commercial fisheries get real, grow up, stop whining, stop moaning you are sounding like farmers (oh! it's too dry, it's too wet, it's too cold, it's too hot). It's just another business expense to defend against them just as you defend against burglars and poachers. If you can't take the heat of business retire and start knitting.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Bit of editorial about this news item here:

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/lion-poop...-repellent.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I am however very against them being bred and transported to whatever sites the Green loonies think would be nice.

Hasn't been done for over a decade. And it wasn't green loonie,s it was organised by English Nature to try and rectify some of the damage done by man in the past.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

And it wasn't green loonie,s it was organised by English Nature to try and rectify some of the damage done by man in the past.

What colour are them english nature loonies then ? ;):lol:

It's hard to find true Engish these days they're being bred out !! :)

Edited by Tigger

Hasn't been done for over a decade. And it wasn't green loonie,s it was organised by English Nature to try and rectify some of the damage done by man in the past.

I happen to know its been done much recently, and not by English Nature, but by the Otters Trust. I do agree that there isnt much thought regarding fishing where this occurs, but i'd still be happy if i saw one! Do Otters eat signals?

gone

I dare say they do.

I like otters myself and I'd probably have more of a glow about me having seen one and coming home with that in mind than not at all.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I dare say they do.

right so what the OT need to do before they release the Otters is some Clockwork Orange style conditioning to make them avoid fish and only eat signals! Two problems solved at once, i should be a politician!

gone

I have no problem with otters at all. If I saw one swimming in the river whilst fishing I'd consider myself blessed and love the site. All part of my love of nature.

If they are a problem for man made carp ponds then tough luck. I'd rather give up fishing than see harm to them. Same goes for cormorants, pike and whatever.

I happen to know its been done much recently, and not by English Nature, but by the Otters Trust. I do agree that there isnt much thought regarding fishing where this occurs, but i'd still be happy if i saw one! Do Otters eat signals?

The only otters being released into the wild (legally) are those that have been orphaned/injured and rescued. If you know differently then post the info here and I will take it further.