Pike very very big

JV44

For those that have not seen the link off P&P forum have a look here :o ,Amazing fish hope she went back ok

http://www.gofishing.co.uk/Angling-Times/S...am-Trout-Lakes/

Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Bit sad chasing a known fish like that imo.

Best not even think about the bream and tench at Wingham then :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Den

Bit of a difference Den. Chasing a known 40 in a seven acre water a couple of weeks after a previous capture in the hope of a record is a world of difference!

We can only speculate on the maximum potential size of the fish in Wingham and if it does produce a record one day the chances of a recapture will be slim by comparison.

Edited by Rob Ward

Bit of a difference Den. Chasing a known 40 in a seven acre water a couple of weeks after a previous capture in the hope of a record is a world of difference!

We can only speculate on the maximum potential size of the fish in Wingham and if it does produce a record one day the chances of a recapture will be slim by comparison.

Rob i can see your point but if you were given permission to fish there and say it was on your doorstep ?? I know it might seem like shooting rats in a barrel to say Wingham but with so many other Trout in there i would imagine there is no guarantee of a take bit like fry feeding Pike hard to ............ Not really my thing either but if on my doorstep and given a chance to fish it then the lure of a fish of that size may well prove to much .

Opinions vary and all that Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Just not my cup of tea chasing a known fish in that manner, especially not a species that's susceptible to pressure and handling and a particular specimen that's recently been caught AND around spawning time.

I genuinely felt sorry for it watching that.

mixed feelings on this one chaps,can see both points if view but if I am honest would I take up the opportunity given the chance, you bet :rolleyes: at least it hasnt got a name yet.

Den

Den you are such a miserable old sod! I love it! Angling's answer to Victor Meldrew (another of my heroes!)

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

mixed feelings on this one chaps,can see both points if view but if I am honest would I take up the opportunity given the chance, you bet :rolleyes: at least it hasnt got a name yet.

I'm the same as in having mixed views. If I had the chance of fishing a heavily stocked 7 1/2 acre trout water that had a track record of producing good pike I would leap at it! BUT going to one to intentionally try to catch one individual fish that may be a record with a bit of spawn in it or a few ounces heavier than when it was last caught thanks to just having fed leaves me a bit cold.

Its hard maybe to understand but I think there is a difference (well one that means something to me any way).

For example I fish Wingham for the chance of a big bream not so much the record itself as records are transient but more for the chance of catching the first ever intentionally caught 20lb bream.Yes it would have meant more (to me) if it had been the first 20lb bream ever but that's all ready been done. I fish there not because I know it has a 20lb bream in it or that one of the 18's that have already been caught may have a belly full of spawn or a good feed. I fish there because I believe it has the "potential" as is indeed pointed at by its track record to produce such a fish.

This I think is a big difference to me travelling to the venue to specifically target Jason's fish that we know came out at that weight and is definitely in the water and will most probably be over 20lb still or maybe bigger.Even though I would be intentionally targeting it and so realistically give me a better chance of achieving my dream that chasing a Wingham "maybe".

Not saying that there is any difference in merit or value of catching either way but to me it makes a difference.That difference I suppose can be summed up by one word "mystery".

Of course I try to improve the odds as best as I can but I still need that element of the "unknown monster" (as in is there one there or not) to fuel my fishing..........after all its the chasing of dreams that to some are more enjoyable than achieving them.......................certainly lasts longer! and in my case probably for ever!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

i think venues should be kept secret ...

but then if the venue is mentioned its a great money making opportunity for somebody.

a 42 (i think) was caught at XXXXXXXX a few years back and when it was announced the place got absoloutly hammered by pikers and of late ive only heard of mid doubles being caught. the baliff is positive the big girl has died but hasnt been seen since and no body recovered so who knows?

i think its a shame venues get hammered but still as its body has never been recovered who knows?

im quite happy on my local waters i only found out about the big girl when in my tackle shop when i mentioned where i was going (still only been there once) so i asked the baliff on the day and he rekons the piking has increased massively and he definately thinks the weights have gone down hill!

but on the other hand a specimen hunter hunts the specimen and if he knows its there then so be it personally id not chase it i like a suprise and im far more fond of river piking you just never know!!