Fishing On TV - Vote For More

Guest pholt_uk

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well spotted, Paul. This one is going out to all my mailing lists today!!

Cheers,

Elton

P.S. Come on, folks, even if you don't have Sky (like me!), more angling exposure will lead to better access for all, eventually.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Email currently going out to 2100 webmasters....

"Hi,

This email is being sent to all webmasters listed at:

http://www.go-fishing.co.uk/

Discovery Home & Leisure currently have a poll on their home page to see what people want to see more of on the screen:

http://www.homeandleisure.co.uk/

At the time of writing this, fishing is last!

Even if, like me, you don't have access to Sky TV, please lend your support to angling. If we start slipping down in the popularity stakes, then it will be a difficult climb back up.

Wherever you are, please let your visitors know about this poll. We rarely get a chance to make a statement to the people who can make a difference, and this is one of those rare opportunities.

Tight lines,

Elton

http://www.go-fishing.co.uk/

http://www.anglingsites.com/

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I just gave it about a million clicks, there are far too many sad people out there who want more of those stupid make over shows, do they have no life?

"Carp are hard to catch in the winter, that also goes for the spring, summer, and the autumn"

Guest pholt_uk

Just been back for a few more clicks. Do yu think they'll track IPs to stop multiple votes?

H&L do a sterling job in being the only chanel broadcasting fishing on a regular basis and hopefully our votes will get MORE fishing on tv!

Either that or it'll crash their website

Hmmmm....could this be the reason why we are trailing? Just received this email:

quote:

I have tried several times over the past weeks to vote for angling on the Home and Leisure website only to be receive an error message. I have just voted successfully, maybe that is the reason for our low count to date.

I can't help but wonder how many of the votes have come from anti's, the kind of thing they'd vote for is make over programs.

I haven't signed the petition but i have emailed H&L to ask if they would be willing to share their excellent fishing programs with the BBC as not everyone has got digital or satellite tv & i think its unfair that those who haven't got it can't watch their programs.

As Elton said when i posted about the petiton to get fishing back on terrestrial TV "he doesn't believe petitions work", when or if i recieve a reply from H&L discovery i'll post it on here.

If you want to mail them yourself then use the following address.

mailto:mail_us@discovery-europe.commail_us@discovery-europe.com

[ 18. March 2003, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Alan Fawcett ]

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Alan Fawcett:

As Elton said when i posted about the petiton to get fishing back on terrestrial TV "he doesn't believe petitions work", when or if i recieve a reply from H&L discovery i'll post it on here.

This isn't a petition, it's a poll.

There is a very distinct difference in this case:

The one that you are mis-quoting me from is a 3rd party effort to influence the way a business operates, the current one being discussed is a business inviting people to influence the way they operate.

Let's not get wires crossed here - being told how to do something and asking for advice on how to do something are at almost opposite ends of the spectrum.

Elton