What Bits Do You Hate....?

Guest Wordbender

Guest Cliff

Trying to unhook Pike that refuse to open their mouths, I copy what they do on the telly but the pike obviously havn't seen the programme.

Casting closer & closer to the Island to get the Carp that you're convinced will only take your bait if your tight to the bank, only for the bait to fly off on a perfect cast or to cast 6 inch too far & get snagged.

Getting a run just as you've poured a coffee & bitten into a sandwich - this happens so often I actually use this as a tactic to help me catch now.

Cheers Fella's

great topic

Cliff

Guest Dave Carr

I hate it when I think I'm doing a good turn by calling my wife to let her know I'm safe and well and I get grief about what time I'll be home.

Before you say it - if I don't call her the grief is even worse and for those of you who hate mobiles - I turn it off so she can't call me!

Guest duttyo

How about when you finish setting up your rig, go to cast out and then realise that you haven't threaded your reel line through the bail arm. How anoying is that?

Guest Chris S
Originally posted by duttyo:

How about when you finish setting up your rig, go to cast out and then realise that you haven't threaded your reel line through the bail arm. How anoying is that?

How about, remove spool, open bail arm, replace spool. A closed face reel might be a bit harder. hehehehe

Chris S smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Chris S (edited 25 June 2000).]

Guest BUDGIE

Buzzers that work when tested in the workshop prior to trip,then stop working on the bank but work again when you go to fix them back in the work shop!GRRRRRRRR!!!

Guest BUDGIE

The problem that can happen if you dont take the necessary precautions when having a dump/hanging one off the tail gate/No2 etc etc whilst wearing a one piece suit!

Going fishing to escape from the whinging of my own kids (I love them really - honest!), and finding that the angler who decides to fish next to you has even whingier kids than your own with him!

Having to remove barbed hooks and lengths of line from fish which you catch on barbless only venues - or any venue for that matter.

Buzzers going off in the middle of the day - whats wrong with using your eyes to spot a bite?

Anglers who ask for advice then go and do exactly the opposite and moan that they aren't catching.

Mobile phones that play stupid tunes all day - whats wrong with setting the volume so that your phone just clicks?

Pike that chew my keepnet - I've managed to have one destroyed already this season.

Iain

Iain if you are going on the forum 'fish in' perhaps you better make sure your not next to me in case I have my 'whinging' 4 yr old with me!!

Have we ever fished next to each other?

Mind you as long as he is catching he won't be whinging. This is the main reason I won't take him on the rivers, that's my time!

Lyn

Having a pee on an electric fence--it dont arf wake you up!!!.

Laying in your sleeping bag, all zipped up, and watching your bag of "specially prepared- hookbait only" boilies start walking down the bank towards the water. I HATE THOSE B***Y RATS.

Dick-ed ducks, the ones with absolutely no sence whatsoever. The ones that despite a trout pellet up the parsons nose from the old catty will not realise that constantly swimming through the line and back again is a tad anoying.

I feel better-ish now.

Now TEL, I can make do with 7 courses no probs.

Tel- guess what. Im in me second week of not smoking for the rest of me life matey. I havent found it hard but lets just say I'M GONNA KILL SOMEONE SOON. biggrin.gif

Gilly

[This message has been edited by IanG (edited 27 June 2000).]

Guest Alan Taylor

B...dy ruber boats used by people who can't cast.

Getting all of the original posting when I have only a ten word reply. What am I doing wrong?

Alan (NL)

Originally posted by Wordbender:

What aspects of fishing get you down? I don't mean big stuff like blanking, litter, paying for gear, or even getting your tactics wrong on the day, but those little tasks, annoyances and occurrences that seem to be unavoidable.

I hate packing-up - trebly so if it's raining. Plus, I loathe the sweaty trudge back to the car with two Sherpa-loads of gear.

I hate spods that think they're Depth Raider lures and take more cranking in than a foul-hooked skate, then arrive back at the rod-tip having dumped nearly three boilies, instead of the full load you'd rather hoped to deposit.

How about snails, then? I hate snails and slugs, I do. I can hear them rasping across my brolly in the wee-small hours, in that seriously annoying, scritchety-scratch way of theirs. Then, you get up to find silver snot-trails all over your tackle. Not nice at all.

Lastly, I hate it when I lob a fine rig 120 yards, right into position-A, only for a loitering coot-creature to pick up my bait within 30 seconds, ignoring two kilos of freebies in order to do so. I hate it when that happens.I believe it's deliberate.

All of the other bits of fishing, I absolutely love (apart from the bits I hate that I can't think of, right now)and I know there must be plenty of you with pet hates, so let's hear them.

For starters, Elton hates the threat of goats near his bivvy (don't ask) and Gilly hates only having seven courses in his bankside meals. Oh yes, Ian's an eight-course fisherman, alright. :-)

Let's 'ave 'em, then.

Tel.