Cheapest Fireline in the UK?

Chris Plumb

I'm looking for some 4lb Fireline to load on a new reel that I'm shortly about to take delivery of. Summerlands are doing it for £11.95 - which seems pretty good. Anyone know of it being sold cheaper in the UK??

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Phone - the sort of line in use when you were a youngster.

Mainline from the tail & mane hair of horses and braided/plaited.

Leader/hooklength from a piece of gut (probably cat) so that part of the line would have a little "give" in it.

Probably an iron hook as well.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I wonder how many of you know what Gimp is?

Chris, serves you right for spending so much on the reel that you can't afford to buy the line to go on it, :D

Den

[ 24. March 2003, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Luron 2.....a bit like me nowadays......stiff and wrinkly! :D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

quote:

Originally posted by Chris Plumb:

I'm looking for some 4lb Fireline to load on a new reel that I'm shortly about to take delivery of. Summerlands are doing it for £11.95 - which seems pretty good. Anyone know of it being sold cheaper in the UK??

Chris

Nope! I very much doubt that you'll get it cheaper than Summerlands

DG :cool:

poledark:

I wonder how many of you know what Gimp is?

Den - not sure what it has to do with fishing line but

"GIMP

(GNU Image Manipulation Program) An open source paint and image editing program for UNIX and X Window that originated as an undergraduate project by Peter Mattis and Spencer Kimball at the University of California, Berkeley. Numerous programmers have contributed to the project, turning GIMP into a serious image manipulation tool that supports layers, alpha channels, third-party plug-ins and three scripting languages. Using Python, Perl or Script-Fu scripts, GIMP can be used for batch processing and the automation of tasks such as the interpolation of frames for animation sequences.

The GIMP source code is distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). For more information, visit www.gimp.org and www.gimp-savvy.com, the latter providing the entire content of the book, "Grokking the GIMP" by Carey Bunks."

[ 25. March 2003, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President