swan mussels

zappagod

swan mussels are filter feeders ,if the water in which they live is clean (and i mean clean ) they should be, but if they taste any good i have no idea ,with so much chemical polutants and hormones etc leaching into the ground water and streams etc unless its in the north of scotland or somewhere without any human ocupation to polute the water then its poluted :( if its poluted then look out after eating them for breast enlargement in the male or a five oclock shadow in the female :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Stick to cockles and jellied eels son

or you may end up running up the apple and pears to the big white telephone to god.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I once heard that you couldn't use them as bait as they were protected, I assumed that they would be good for carp tench etc, but never used them due to this pub/playground (more likely) law.

Anyone aware of any such rule, I've tried to find one but not managed, and am starting to believe that someone's been realing me in for the last 20 years

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

We used to use swan mussels from the River Ancholme in the 70s for bream, and they were superb bait. If you are going to use them watch your fingers though - the shells are like bl**dy razors.

Where's the 'ANY' key?

Gutted............However, on the bright side, that's a whole new bait for me to try,

What are the rules on transporting them, the same as for fish or not?

Cheers :D

Phil

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY