My Christmas Rod

Craig Robins

Craig, I just bought one for my son, made by shakespeare the 'oracle', and okuma also do one, the rrp's are listed at anything up to £40 but my local dealer NWAC was doing them for considerably less, shop around and tight lines. :)

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Craig

You will not go far wrong with the Okuma range. My advice is spend what you can afford,Dynadrag's start at £19.99 and the Epix is £59.99. The longbow is £39.99. The interceptor which is the mid range is £29.99 and a lot of reel for the money. Fishtec do these at that price and only £1.50 postage. Ebay is always worth a look as it could save a few quid on baitrunners. Take a look at these sites

www.fishtec.co.uk/carp

http://www.ebay.co.uk

Hope this helps

Paul

Craig,

our factories are full of okuma engineering machines from days well before they moved into the tackle world. They are used for machining aluminium to very fine tolerances for the motor industry . . I picked through the range of okuma reels at a local tackle fayre, and they are to the same standard. . . excellent and as with the machinery once again leave us wondering how they can afford to sell such quality at such low prices . .

I will be going for the okuma range on my next tackle refresh

good luck I am sure it won't let you down

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

Seems that companies like Ron Thompson and Okuma are selling real quality at the right price. Interesting to see such as Fox slashing some of their prices! Shimano seem a tad cheaper too. Nothing like a bit of competition, and about time too!

Craig, I've been using an Okuma for the last few months for bass fishing. I didn't want to spoil my 'good' reels by using them in salt water so I bought an Okuma, cheap enough to dump if sand and salt ruined it! Amazingly good quality and no, the sea hasn't spoilt it yet. Cheap price, expensive quality! I'm a picky begger when it comes to my tackle, buying what I feel is the best for my purpose that I can, mainly ABU, Penn, Daiwa, Mitchell etc., working it hard and taking care of it. I'm really impressed with my Okuma, far better than I thought it was going to be. Rather wish that they had been around when I started.

By the way Craig, let us know how you get on and good luck with your new rod.

[ 30. December 2002, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Craig Robins,

I am not going to JUMP on the Bandwagon just yet for the Okuma name. Yet I must admit to receiving 2 Epixors'for Christmas and will be trying them in the Spring. I will save my opinion until then, but they look to be quality products. I will be putting them to the test NLT 1 March and will give my review at that time. Good Luck to you and Petri Heil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

HOPPY