Mill Farm [Gilmorton] Leicester any info?

PRESTON

There is a good description of the fishery on fisheries.co.uk.

The match lake is dominated by smaller carp, although there are some approaching 20lb now. The favoured pegs are those in the middle of the road bank (from just right of the island and away right from it), and the far reedy corner. This year I've method fished to the right of the island with sweetcorn for mainly smaller carp in the 1½lb to 4½lb range, and floatfished luncheonmeat in the margins/close in for mainly better carp in the 6 to 9½lb range, plus the odd tench and bream. I have seen the multi-rod/boilie approach work for the bigger carp.

The gravel pit contains plenty of carp to the mid-20s with lots of doubles, plus some good tench and chub. There are also plenty of roach and skimmers, although the skimmers can be a bit of a pain at times, especially when fishing surface baits. This year I've caught all round the lake with various methods - method fishing with sweetcorn, freelining luncheonmeat in the margins and floating bread/boilies/mixers. The multi-rod/boilie approach obviously works for the bigger carp. The most popular pegs are on the small island, the spit that makes a small nearly enclosed bay (the chub cruise around here a lot), and the flat grassy bank halfway around, but part of their popularity is there is more room for multi-rod set-ups.

This only applies to spring to autumn fishing, I think winter is hard work on both lakes.