getting from A to B on a bus, with all my fishing gear!

jackhammer

at the moment I have a chair/rucksack, a rod carrier and a net bag. This goes very well on a bus, which I have to use because it takes me 45 minutes to walk to my local fishery. I do need a new chair however because the one on my rucksack makes my back hurt after half a day. I need some ideas on how I could keep the handiness of my rucksack and have a good fishing chair with a back rest and it has to be able to be easily carried around on and off buses. By the way it doesn't have to be a chair rucksack cross breed by the way, in fact it would probably be best not having that, it would go easier on my back.

Ok, congrats if you read all that and understood it!

any ideas?

Thanks

I was recently introdiced to the delights of the JRC X-Lite chairs whilst in India. Very light, comfortable and compact enough to go in a net bag. I think the one I tried was an old model and came in at about two and a half Kg's but the current one is I thing fractionally over three.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Guest Wilko 09
Probably will get a camping chair. Anyone got any ideas on a good, decent size fishing bag to keep my bait, hooks, line etc?

I use one of these and use the net pocket to carry a Nash light weight chair (identical to the JRC X Lite.) Plenty big enough for all my boxes, catapults, weights etc plus my flask and sandwiches!

Probably will get a camping chair. Anyone got any ideas on a good, decent size fishing bag to keep my bait, hooks, line etc?

Gas mask bag. About 8x6x10". Get a few boxes for storing arty/crafty bits and you're away.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Gas mask bag. About 8x6x10". Get a few boxes for storing arty/crafty bits and you're away.

I have three. They're brilliant for mobile lure fishing because they sit properly on your hip but a bit small for bait fishing.

I'd go with a backpack.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.