fequency of rod licence checking

Bradford Angler

I regularly get my year booked checked by the local baliff, one day had it checked by

Match sec

Club Sec

and president

but only twice I have I ever had my rod licence asked for . . odd thing was . . it was the same bloke . . two days running at different locations . . and that's in 20 + years of fishing.

and he had a dog with him, bl**dy great alsation, but he was in civies and only had a warrant card . . (it wasn't that bloke off the adverts)

however, before renewing at my local syndicate, you have to show them your rod licence . . now thats organisation

do any other clubs you know of ask for proof of rod licence before renewing year books, as part of their constitution ??

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he wrote on my licence too . . think he put number 74 ??

thought it might be like collecting train numbers . . but not . . if anyone wants to collect number 74 . .

it runs between brighouse and dewsbury on two consectutive days once every twenty years :D

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

Hi Bradford Angler,It seems to me that there is a lack of bailiffs checking our rod licenses these days.We've just had our winter league and the bailiff was out every match checking licenses just because there was 120 anglers on the bank. Now I bet we wont see him for another year.

My second time fishing here and I had mine checked.. So am I lucky or what? I've been checked in the states a few times and the last time made the mistake of fishing with my father on their lake in Wisconsin.. $300 dollars later and the "look" from the wife, we now buy them early on. :D Maybe I can get her to buy them from now on. It would have only cost $14 for an out of state license as I was in the military at the time. Still paying for it though. :rolleyes:

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

we as a club ask our baillifs to check both the club card and rod licence ,you would look pretty silly if the EA guy caught people on the water without them,then you asked them for help.so no rod licence off you go.

one guy was banned for 2 weeks as he thought it was funny not any more.

lets support the EA and get everone to buy the licence we all have to.cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

In 15 years I have never been asked and have never seen a bailiff. Just as well really as I have never had or will never buy a licence anyway. What do you get for your £20 odd quid? Nothing. so whats the point? I'll take my chances

I have been asked for mine once in 20+ years and that was at a match. I do believe that licences should be checked at the fishery, but then again what do they care they are only taking your money, so what. How about introducing a law that, if you are caught without a rod licence then not only you get find but the ownwer of the fishery gets find, I don't think so. The structure we have in place at the minute is not working so why not change it so licences are checked at the point of fishing and fines imposoed accordingy. Maybe then we can see our money (those who pay) spent better on things we need like improving the rivers etc. Mind you the people who polute the rivers in the first place and we now who they are and they cost the EA millions each year then the bigger the fines or even inprisionment would not go a miss in my book. It is not only fish that is my concern I can honestly say I have seen wildlife that many people can only wish they would have seen

Seph

Paul

Ian Bass says that he has never had a licence and has no intention of getting one. I note from his personal details that his interests are "sea fishing" so maybe this is just a wind up! If it isn't Ian I sincerely hope you get jumped on from a great height!

Personally, although I have had my licence checked far less frequently than I would like, some of the checks I have had have been at the most unlikely times and places. So bailiffs don't only target the matches and popular spots. But their numbers are severely limited and I would rather more money was spent on improving quality of fisheries than in the policing of those that take the line suggested by Mr Bass.

Guest Ferret1959

So if you went out and checked licenses(as you can if you hold one yourself)and found some one who hadn't got one or couldn't produce one, then what????????

Ferret1959:

So if you went out and checked licenses(as you can if you hold one yourself)and found some one who hadn't got one or couldn't produce one, then what????????

You ask them to pack up and leave, and when they tell you to f off you pack up and leave. :D