Less than a day to go!

lyn

I am sooooooooo looking forward until tomorrow. I'm not sure if it's because this year I have stayed away for the whole 3 months. Normally Liam would be pestering to go but I would still not feel right as in my mind it is the close season.

On the odd occaision I have fished, I have wondered if I caught a PB would I count it? I know there is no close season on many waters, our club has a few that still remain closed.

Whatever, the 16th is getting closer and I will spend some time today getting reels reloaded and kit sorted. I know it should be done but I have spent most of the close season fixing the leak in the 'chuck wagons' roof & putting new flooring in etc :)

New curtains are up just got to reupholster the seats, I have this nice 'Liberties' material so she will look very smart next time you see her. I am also going to make a waterproof cover for them incase we have another session like Timsbury :o:o:lol:

Roll on tomorrow

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Guest Jan V

is the 16th a national holiday, or at minimum, a school holiday? do you take Liam out of school to celebrate, Lyn?

Really looking forward to tomorrow, just packed my rucksack as I intend to be pretty mobile and investigate as much of the clubs river section as possible, but if I get lucky will stay put for a while. Quiet early on I hit the town so can pop in the tackle shop, and maybe grab a bite to eat and some refreshment in a pub.

Good luck all

Jon

is the 16th a national holiday, or at minimum, a school holiday? do you take Liam out of school to celebrate, Lyn?

No, I think they should make it a holiday Jan with the amount of people that take leave so that they can go fishing! :lol: Liam has just had 2 days off with tooth ache, I think that is enough for him. They get enough school holidays so I don't take him out term time only for something really special/important. He has all year he can fish and it does not mean the same to him as it does us oldies that remember the old close season on ALL waters.

Hope you are both keeping well

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!