Cheap Pole

manse

Hello All.

I've been fishing on the canal the last week.

Ive managed to catch my first ever Bream :D:D the stretch is a fork in the canal full of Bream,Tench,Carp plus the Roach, Rud, Perch.

Eveyone there fish on poles and im struggling to get out that far on light tackle so i'm thinking about getting one (birthday soon ).

Can any one recommend a cheapish pole (£100ish) around 11m

i can get a Shakespeare Zeta for £85 But are they any good, Its only for canal work because living in the Black country (west mids)i'm surrounded with some fantastic ones.

Thanks for any advice.

Manse, try before you buy but be aware that any pole will feel heavy if you are not used to it.

Be aware that you may have to spend a while holding it between bites so think about your seating arrangements.

Is there a chance that you can borrow one for an hour or two and then you will have something to base your choice on.

That said there are very few bad poles around now.

Good luck,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Ive got a Middy "The works" Pole, its 11.5 metres and its a carp power tool but its also got the finese and speed for catching small fish from canals, its £119.99 but you get 11.5 pole, 2x elastication kits, a spare 3 and a pole holdall for free my opinion its great !!! i went fishing yesterday and caught some small roach and gudgeon,

my works just pulled them out and swang them to me, its a great pole i got it from Bennets OF Sheffield... Bennets Of Sheffield

I would suggest getting a copy of March improve your course fishing.

They have a review of poles under 300.00

If not there is a great pole called the wild cat on the market that is very strong, rigid and cheap.

Or go to your local tackle shop and see what they can offer. Get them to set it up at full length and sit on a box with it to see how it feels.

A cheap 11m pole is usually best fished at about 9m as the last 2m make them very sloppy.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I bought a Zeta pole last May, it was my 1st proper pole. I have been really pleased with it, I've had carp up to 9lb on it.It comes with a spare top three . Extra ones cost £18.00 ,I've now got 4 top sets fitted with nos 3, 8 12 and 16.Great value for money, I thoroughly recomemd it.

Thanks Ricky.

It was a toss up between the "Works" and the Zeta ,though the Zeta did feel a bit stiffer when i held both of them,and at £30 cheaper it surprised me.

Thanks guys for all the advice :D

You want to look at the Leeda Powerhouse Powertube as well. When I tried it against the Zeta it felt lighter and stiffer so I bought it. It is a lightweight pole (as in not for carp bashing) but for general canal and stillwater stuff I really like mine.

I paid about £80 but I think it may be nearer £100 now.

Manse

try Amazon.com

they have loads of books

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!