angling guides

Guest kelvin wood

Guest kelvin wood

I have been asked by some regular visitors to my area to help them catch some big chub.They are willing to pay me and also one of the local hotels has asked my to take some guests fishing.How much do you think i should charge and what would you pay for a days river fishing for chub averaging 4lb and big pike,barbel and grayling?

cool.gif

------------------

carper

Guest Big Brother

If its similar to other field sports e.g shooting, some of the money recieved depends on the results. If your guests catch alot of fish they are likely to tip you with a larger amount of money than if they blanked smile.gif

I would have thought £20-30 a day and then tips on top. Like I said if they have a good day you should be handsomely rewarded!!! Get that pre-baiting going!!! wink.gif

BB

Guest RollingPinBoy

Check out the P.A.A. website as the £30 mentioned by BB would only be part payment towards the insurance policy you would be advised to take out before you take people fishing! There is more to it than meets the eye! and if something goes wrong, then you are personaly liable.

Guest Steve Burke

I reckon what to charge depends on whether it's just to help someone or as a job. If it's the former it should be free. Also I assume there would be no need for insurance then.

I'm taking a 9 year old tomorrow - I met him around Wingham last week. Not only won't I be charging, but I'll also be buying bait. I've also got a reel and terminal tackle for him, although he doesn't know it yet.

As for earning a living from teaching or guiding, you have to earn a decent wage after all expenses, which doesn't just include day tickets! I can't see that anything less than say £75 a day would allow you to do that, and even at that rate it wouldn't be a very good standard of living!

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm