THIS site keeps crashing Internet Explorer ... Why?

philocalist

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same experience the other week and put it down to the Angling Trust taking over the site.

They have? :huh:

On-topic, has the targetted ad from Google always been there in the left column, above the 'Magazines' one? Reason I ask is that I'd not noticed it previously, and it's just started throwing stuff at me that I was searching for a day or two back?

STILL getting the problem, frequently. :rolleyes:

Edited by philocalist

I'm viewing the forum with IE but, typically, it won't crash for me.

If it happens to anyone again, please let me know as much info as possible - what thread was loading, what advert maybe, etc.

In the meantime, I'll keep trying.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton: it's still happening here, pretty much at random on many of the pages I'm browsing (which are usually either new topics, or newish ones with new posts) It sometimes happens as a page loads, at other times it will crash a tab while I'm reading a page on another tab, or when IE is otherwise idle in the background, as I'm working on something else.

I had a sort-of error message that may be related, but it was unfortunately displayed VERY quickly, then vanished ... something to do with an error about a file called IEframes.dll or similar?

EDIT: I submitted the above post, and as the page reloaded, it crashed again. I managed to get a screen shot of the error message produced, which SHOULD be attached to this post (though I don't feel it's likely to be much help.

Closing the error message results in the closing of a single tab, which is then recovered (along with another message informing me that the site caused the problem, but it gives no further details.

Another edit, though hopefully more helpful?

I took a look into 'Events Viewer' on the PC. Curiously enough, nothing showed up within the Internet Explorer log, BUT when I took a closer look at the Windows Applications log I was presented with the following, which DOES refer specifically to this instance of the problem:

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 03/05/2011 13:28:47

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: ORBIT

Description:

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.19048, time stamp 0x4d633f27, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 8.0.6001.19048, time stamp 0x4d635562, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00077fed, process id 0x17c0, application start time 0x01cc098cf7907c4c.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-05-03T12:28:47.000Z" />

<EventRecordID>47656</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>ORBIT</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>iexplore.exe</Data>

<Data>8.0.6001.19048</Data>

<Data>4d633f27</Data>

<Data>mshtml.dll</Data>

<Data>8.0.6001.19048</Data>

<Data>4d635562</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>00077fed</Data>

<Data>17c0</Data>

<Data>01cc098cf7907c4c</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

No doubt I could copy you some more examples if it helps, but they all seem to be saying pretty much the same thing ... hope it points you in the right direction?

post-6422-1304426005_thumb.jpg

Edited by philocalist

There was an iframe attempting to load in this forum (the tech forum), which was used to serve ads. I've removed that and it would be interesting to see if it persists in this forum.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I'm viewing the forum with IE but, typically, it won't crash for me.

If it happens to anyone again, please let me know as much info as possible - what thread was loading, what advert maybe, etc.

In the meantime, I'll keep trying.

It happened to me the first time today, just after reading the above post :rolleyes:

Before, it has happened on any forum, sometimes twice in quick succession.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.