Legering Set up (help)

leedsunited

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beads and leger stops. Get hold of some old electric guitar type cable, pull out the braid and centre conductor and use this. Just as good as shop bought gear. You can use a tapered bit of cocktail stick, or similar, to use them as stops, and swivels etc can be pushed into the centre hole. have been using these for about 10 years without a problem.(ever since my lad left home, I still have 100's of yards of the stuff)

I also use the same tubing superglued to varying size pebbles for leger weights, attached to the link by the same tapered stick method. Zero cost, almost, and the link line pulls through if snagged.

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

wearyone:

Beads and leger stops. Get hold of some old electric guitar type cable, pull out the braid and centre conductor and use this. Just as good as shop bought gear. You can use a tapered bit of cocktail stick, or similar, to use them as stops, and swivels etc can be pushed into the centre hole. have been using these for about 10 years without a problem.(ever since my lad left home, I still have 100's of yards of the stuff)

I also use the same tubing superglued to varying size pebbles for leger weights, attached to the link by the same tapered stick method. Zero cost, almost, and the link line pulls through if snagged.

wearyone, please don't confuse him anymore we have been working hard to get this far.

Rob, just ask for rubber beads, the size depends on the size of swivel you are using ie; your bead needs to be big enough to fit over the eye of the swivel.

Yes, you have finally grasped it, main line - leger, bead, swivel, hook length, hook. Shame you can't come to the pike teach in. We could show you lots of different set ups there. At present just keep it simple.

I use the above and never have any problems.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

wearyone:

Sorry Lyn, just the 'tight Yorkshire' bit of me coming through

No apology needed, it's just there are 2/3 threads on this and by what Rob has written he has understood what we have all been trying to explain/describe to him ie; a simple runner leger set up for river fishing.

We all adapt or make things when we can to save money.

lyn

PS Rob, I didn't say, no the beads do not cost much.

One life, live it, love it, fish it!