Legering Set up (help)

leedsunited

If you have rubber beads they do tend to fit over the eye of the swivel, just keeps it in place and not running up & down your line. If you use a plastic/glass bead that would be free running as there is no give in them but they do the same job.

A swimfeeder will attached to your link swivel, some are already fitted with them but you still need the bead.

Honeslty you are not causing hassle, we were all trying to keep it as simple as poss so that you could understand, that is the only reason I didn't want too many suggestions until you had this clear in your mind.If you are unsure then just keep asking until you are that's what we are all for :)

I have a dyspraxic 9yr old and because of it he picks up things far quicker if he is shown how to do it than someone telling him. Unfortunately it is difficult to show you even by putting pictures up.

Do you live in the Leeds area?

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going down to fish the Bristol Avon at Lacock next week, email me a contact number and I will sort out meeting up and show you what we mean. Unless one of your parents can get you to Lacock then you can fish the day with us.

lyn

leedsunited:

is lacock near a garden centre by any chance...how far is it from frome ?

would i need some kind of license to fish that river ?

who would i be going with ?

Is it alright if i talk it over with my parents ?

you have a private msg.

lyn

I have 3 - 4 ready made hooklinks that my dads friend gave me for fishing the method and legering

They are made out of silk braid with a mix of 4lb , 6 lb , and 8lb breaking strains

Will these do for legering

The barbs my dad pinced fell of for some reason

The hooks range from size 10 to size 8

Thanks

Alot

Some say braid can cause damage to the fish, hence some places banning it. I would check as you may be able to use braid hook lengths. If not just make some up with the mono line you have.

As I have said before, it is all down to personal preference. I sometimes use mono.

If groundbait is banned I would tend to use a maggot feeder on the same set up as we have described. Or find out about boilies, although these can be expensive.

Hope this helps and well done for making up your rigs.

lyn