Legering Set up (help)

leedsunited

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds,I have found split shot and ledger stops to be poor ways of stoping a ledger.I think that split shots can slip and both can weaken the line.I much prefer to slide the ledger/feeder on to the main line,tie on a swivel then tie the hook length to this.A bead,especialy the soft "buffer bead" type is good to put on the main line between the ledger and the swivel as this protects the knot.

As for buying beads a lot of sewing/wool and art and craft type shops sell a vast range of beads.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I didnt! I personaly like the "looped" feeder rig Andrew has shown but a lot will critisise it for being a "fixed rig" but that is a whole seperate debate.Might be best if Leeds stuck to the simpler and arguabley safer running rig untill he has more experience.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

You know the hooks to nylon you can get

Can i get some swivels , cut the loop off of the hook to nylon , and tie reel line to swivel and hooklength to swivel

This way i can use beads

Does the bead have to be rubber and how big does the bead have to be

Also what knots do i use to tie hooklengths and main line to swivels ?

Thank you !

leedsunited:

You know the hooks to nylon you can get, cut the loop off of the hook to nylon , and tie reel line to swivel and hooklength to swivel

No don't do that. Once you have cut off the loop you will have to make another loop

leedsunited:

Does the bead have to be rubber and how big does the bead have to be

How big are your rubber beads? idealy around 4mm or 5mm will do!

leedsunited:

Can i get some swivels , cut the loop off of the hook to nylon , and tie reel line to swivel and hooklength to swivel

You don't want to do that either - why making it harder for yourself?

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/