Nev Fickling Rejoins PAC!

Guest Elton

Originally posted by Dave Pugh:

it can only be good for pike fishing that we are at peace again and we can begin to build on the new unity"

Dave,

I am afraid that until a full public apology is forthcoming from NF relative to both the people he has vilified in print over the past year, and to the membership of PAC, the prospect of 'Peace & unity', no matter how desirable, is unlikely.

Mac

Guest Peter Waller

Mac, this is really to you but it is part of the general debate. If you have read Pike and Predators over the last few years then I expect you know of my feelings for Nev Flickling. I rather wish he had not wanted to rejoin the PAC, but he has. Surely better within than without? I don't like the man, I don't respect the man in any shape or form. Of the Blithfield gang I rather wish it had been anyone else but NF who had been taken back into the fold. But inspite of my total dislike for the man I welcome him back into the PAC. I'm sorry Mac, our personal feelings are not a million miles apart but I think you are wrong if, as I read your posting, you oppose Flicklings re-admittal into the PAC.

Originally posted by Peter Waller:

as I read your posting, you oppose Flicklings re-admittal into the PAC

Peter,

not necessarily, only the conditions under which he has been re-admitted.

Mac

Guest Alan Pearce

A nice contribution there from Dave Pugh, wise words indeed. Mac how about stopping the head games now and lets get on with life, don't let personal grievences cloud the bigger issues. Difficault at times I know, requiring the strenghth and determination shown by the PAC committee and NF.

Alan.

Guest Peter Waller

Happy Xmas to all at Lumb Towers. Yes, it is Christmas but that is not the reason for me saying that Dave Lumb is proving that he is the man for the job. Is that worth a free rod Dave? Have a stress free New Year.

Guest Dave. L

Sorry to start this debate going again but I more or less agree with Mac on the issue of rejoining the PAC.

I have no objections to NF and the other expelled pikers from rejoining but I think a public admission in 'Pikelines' that they were wrong to fish Blithfield should be made before they are allowed to rejoin.

As far as I have heard and read none of the expelled anglers have actually admitted that they were wrong to fish the event. Without this admission I don't see as they should be re-admitted to the PAC.

Cheers

Dave.

Guest Steve Randles

Hey Mac...I bet you can still remember the boy from three doors away...who kicked you in the leg when you where five, forgive and forget! Lets ALL move on from here.

Instead of living in the past, lets build a future.

------------------

Tight Lines

Steve Randles

Guest Steve Bown

This is indeed a 'bitter pill to swallow'! The only person who seem to have got his own way is NF. You cannot forget the slagging this individual has been giving the PAC over the last 18 months, and the personal attacks on just about every leading figure in pike angling. If he eats his humble pie and appologises to the PAC membership for his foolish actions then it might just go someway to his forgiveness. However if as I am sure he will comes out in the press and starts harping on about how the PAC have seen the sense to let him back in after all the good his done for Neville; err I mean the PAC over the years. Then this decision, in my opinion will weaken the PAC!

Guest Peter Waller

Its done, both parties were, to a degree at fault. Its a pity that the PAC couldn't have sorted this one out without involving the SACG. I know for a fact that atleast one of the Blithfield mob agrees that, in hindsight, it was a bad move on his part. But why should he, or any of the others, apologise in Pikelines if the PAC does not also shoulder some of the responsibility for the way things have happened? My feeling is that NF should atleast say sorry for his personal attacks but there the issue should surely be laid to rest. At one time quite a few leading pikemen, such as |Ken Whitehead who admits it in his book, fished culls. Things have moved on since then, it is no longer acceptable. Mac and others, lets look at the result, not the less than agreeable saga that led to this chapter in pike fishing, nor the way that a solution was arrived at. The poor old PAC is damned if it does, and damned if it does not, but does it really matter now? Can't we agree to disagree and then look forward to a positive future?