Letter From The Countryside Alliance

Elton

Dear Peter,

Tell us all please, if you can, where you get the information that "so many city folk so keen to support the Countryside Alliance?" Is this more of your FACT propagandist mist coming from your smoke machine? 4x4? Smoke pellets running out? FACT MK 2 fog sticks winging their way as I type?

Regards,

Lee.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Den, why the NAA failed is something that I have often wondered at. I can only assume that mistakes were made and that FACT has risen from the ashes with everyone stronger and wiser.

As I have said elswhere I believe the CA Campaign for Angling should be able to join FACT.

As for how many city folk belong to the CA, I haven't got a clue! But I can't believe that none do.

As a matter of interest my Aunt's husband's family, obviously my Uncle's, are all farming folk. Support from the countryside is not unanimous for the CA, although, once again, I have no idea what the percentages are.

In comes the fog. And Corporal Foggy leading the charge as usual.

The thing is though now, anglers are seeing right through this FACT propagandist bull as they send in the ones with no names and no identity.

The CA have dispelled the myth. Get over it and face up to the FACT you've been caught out.

So answer Dens question then? Why didn't NAA get funded? Why isn't FACT getting the same funding? Unity unity unity. Where is it then? Why is the CA totally united? Totally self funded? Why does the vast majority of our nations 60 odd million residents KNOW who the CA are? FACT. No one knows FACT exists. FACT. Its got no money.FACT. Running out of smoke. FACT. Make or break time is here. Question. Who the hell thought that name up?

And for those as yet unsure, go to the Countryside Alliance website to see what they are all about? Then go to the FACT website to see what they are about seeing as they represent sooooooooooooo many anglers. Oops forgot. They haven't actually got one!!

AND; Where did the FACT 2 get their information from that the CA were campaigning against soon to be ousted Martin Salter MP? Come on FACT 2, why the silence? Surely you don't make such statements without foundation?

Bedfordshire calls.

Lee.

Thought for the day, why are we clamouring to defend angling? What have we got to defend? What are we doing that is so wrong that we need to defend it?

If the CA had not drawn us into their fight, which surely they did, would we now need to be rallying the troops? By putting our heads above the parapet we will get shot at. In defending ourselves we are drawing attention to our sport, thanks to the CA. The CA has put angling in the firing line, why? Simple question, I'll repeat it, why?

Lee, you can bluster, create mischief, burble away to your hearts content, but we are now in this annoying situation and I reckon its largely due to the CA, thanks fellows.

By the way Lee, where does the CA get its funding from :rolleyes::rolleyes: ?

Peter Waller:

Den, why the NAA failed is something that I have often wondered at. I can only assume that mistakes were made and that FACT has risen from the ashes with everyone stronger and wiser.

The NAA represented angling organisations.

FACT brings together the old NAA structure together with Fisheries and the Moran Committee.

So, everything is now under one roof (well apart from the CA!)

Tight Lines - leon

[ 16. March 2005, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Leon, you say apart from the CA. Have they applied, or been invited to join?

Thanks for explaining the NAA demise thingy. I am surprised that someone so politically aware as our burbelling friend wouldn't have been aware of that .

Wakey wakey Paul, I am not sure what the devil you are talking(?) about in your reference to me, if anyone talks (writes) crap then it has to be you. I find it extremely difficult to make head or tail (let alone any sense) from your utterings.

If you have anything further to say to me, will you please use plain English.

Peter, so your statement re city folks and 4WD owners and the CA, has no basis in truth whatsoever, simply something you decided to make up as it suited your argument at the time.

Thank you, that is all the answer I needed to know (so others may also be as well informed)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

simply something you decided to make up as it suited your argument at the time.

Absolutely no truth in that whatsoever Den. Peter cannot be held accountable for the voices in his head, or the information between the lines that the rest of us clearly cannot see.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Den, I have no probs with your comments, or your manner. My comment re city dwelling supporters was based on probability, nothing more. It was nothing other than an irrelevant aside.

Argyll, Gerry, well, your style of comment paints a truly worthy picture of you !!