Off to this place on Friday

RUDD

Now I have not fished in a carp soup for many years but I agreed to go fishing with two mates at their choice of venue and we are off to this place this Friday.

It is also featured here .

The place looks like a pure but mature bagging water with carp upto 30lb that have not been caught.

I am going alternate between a hit and hold pole 14/16 middy hi viz elastic in the margins,

two wagler rods, one set on bottom and one set shallow, a controller rig for bread on the top and popped up fake corn on a quiver rod (groundbait banned).

I will be aiming for 200lb+ off fish under match conditions in 5 hours.

I know this is not everyones cup of tea and it is not a venue I would choose but I am setting my sights high to test myself and my tackle to the limits!

200lb+ might sound easy on a water like this but I know from experiance that alot of hard work will be needed to keep the fish feeding.

I am going to try to keep them on the deck for as long as possible but know they will come up in the water where hooking them can be a problem.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

</font>

<font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by RUDD:

Now I have not fished in a carp soup for many years but I agreed to go fishing with two mates at their choice of venue and we are off to this place this Friday.

</font><hr />

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Have fun. Enjoy! Small carp can be very good sport, quite canny and hard-fighting, some of them. I have PMed you with another nice place

DG

Hi Rudd,

Sorry this is a little late to offer any advice that may help you..... I just got back from working away again :(

Last year we were wororking in Saffron Walden and we stayed at Rockells farm for about a week. We fished there every night after work for a couple of hours and regularly had between 20 & 30 carp up to around 10lbs. The bait we found most productive was luncheon meat fished on the bottom. As the evenings wore on we'd find the fish would invariably come closer and closer to the margins and by dusk would be fishing no more than 2ft from the bank.

Although not my particular "cup of tea", I could well imagine some very large catches being made there. The owners, a very nice Dutch couple, confirmed there had been some large catches made in matches held there in the past.

As an aside... One evening we returned from work, got the rods out and walked down to the lake and noticed a chap across the other side having a good bit of sport. His wite cap stood out very prominantly so you may be able to figure out who it was :):)

Hope you have a good day

Regards DaveL

PS I can heartily recommend the accomodation there. VERY nice people and a VERY nice breakfast :)